Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Upgrading to Strava Premium – is it worth £40?
  • Kryton57

I am using the time crunched training plan (for road) at the moment, but wondering if I’ll gain anything from the additional content?

IanW
    Free Member

I upgraded whilst tired and emotional , now I am sober in a more considered mood I can’t actually see any benefits.

scaredypants

They offered me a free trial upgrade – no use to me as I don’t use a power meter, cadence or HR sensor so all I could do was compare myself to other tubby old blokes. Cancelled within a day

If you’re very serious about your riding, maybe

IanMunro
    Free Member

I upgraded too. No probably not worth it from the features point of view. I can understand that their’s going to be some inertia between funding investment and getting results. But I think they need to deliver more if they want that funding stream to continue.

Mackem

I did for 6 months, just because I like to pay for things I use a lot. Cancelled yesterday, reckon I’ve paid enough for it’s “benefits”

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I upgraded so I could download some peoples routes as GPX files. I’ve found since then that there’s other ways of doing it for free so the payments were stopped!

Northwind

It feels more like a donation than a genuine upgrade to me, the extra stuff is pretty tokeney.

wwaswas

It feels more like a donation than a genuine upgrade to me, the extra stuff is pretty tokeney

This.

although I do like a good suffer score to come home to.

Kryton57

Ok I guess that’s a no then, cheers!

djglover
    Free Member

I love the HR analysis as a runner. I know loads of stuff now thanks to that, most significantly my HR zones. It has really helped my training and improved my racing performance (11th in my last fell race wooohooo.)

Not sure what benefits I could get as a cyclist without a power meter tbh.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Don’t bother, concentrate on enjoying riding

jam-bo

just added live segments which might make it worth it…

jam-bo

just added live segments which might make it worth it…

IanMunro
    Free Member

What’s live segments?

jam-bo

it’ll tell you in real time if you’ve snagged that precious KoM.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

@djglover thinking about upgrading to see how long I spend in my targeted zone as a runner. I think you’ve convinced me to give it a go for at least a couple of months.

Look at it this way. The monthly sub is close to the price of a pint. Even if it gives you a 1% improvement over a year then it’d be worth it.

SSBonty
    Free Member

@notmyrealname – didn’t they turn off all the other ways of downloading GPX at the beginning of this month? Meaning you have go premium now to get the route files?

(Some change to the API, and contacting other services to warn them off trying to keep it running, apparently). If anyone knows how to still do this please let us know!

Haze

Tried it for a few weeks, found bothing really beneficial.

Put my subscription into TrainerRoad instead, it’s been far more useful.

clubber
    Free Member

SSBonty just log rides with two apps. A very slight hassle but it’s what I do.

jam-bo

Or just log with one and export gpx or to strava. I use the wahoo app.

SSBonty
    Free Member

Ah sorry, this is for stealing other peoples Strava GPX files so I can find where the segments are in new places, or for longer rides or segments that need navigating!

clubber
    Free Member

Ah yes, fair point then…

treaclesponge
    Free Member

If you are following a training plan, then £5 a month spent at Trainerroad.com will be better than any money thrown at Strava

Edit: I see Haze beat me to it, but he is right!

jam-bo

then £5 a month spent at Trainerroad.com will be better than any money thrown at Strava

just had a quick look and surely that just involves training on a turbo.

I’d rather go for a ride.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Upgrading to Strava Premium – is it worth £40?’ is closed to new replies.