Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • upgrading from Cannon A1
  • Travis

With the little arriving in a few months, the wife has instructed me to buy a new SLR.
    I currently use a Cannon A1 🙂

Been looking at a D60, is it any good? (that is the price range I am looking at)

The import thing is fps (and good choice of lens) (also not to heavy as I will have to carry it around) so that we can capture all the drools and spills the young one will give

dooge
    Free Member

D60 is not a bad camera, produces fairly punchy and saturated results. Its performance is as good as any other on the market, but you are limited to AF-S lenses (although this isnt a small selection, its still a limitation) and it is weightier than the Canon. Personally, it dosent feel as good in the hand as the Canon 1000D or 450D but these are small things.

Nothing you buy will be the same mechanical feel to your A1, and quality wont be as good straight off but digital does take a bit or working and learning to get the best out of it.

Doug

Travis

Thanks for that, I'll have a look at the 1000D & 450D.

I did find the back of the D60 to be rather ugly, and even though I won't be buying lots of lens, I don't want to be restricted in anyway (I remember the Cannon T70)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘upgrading from Cannon A1’ is closed to new replies.