Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Upgrading as soon as your favourite tech company releases a minor upgrade
  • aracer
    Free Member

So who’s ordered a RPi3?

GrahamS

I wondered who’d be first to mention it 😀

Here’s the skinny for anyone that missed it:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTTa-24whdw[/video]

Decent upgrade but I won’t be jumping out to buy one just yet.

I wonder if they have any plans to do a “Zero+” with WiFi/BLE?

jam-bo

I’ve often wondered of the 8 million they’ve made, how many are in active use vs residing at the back of ‘that’ drawer…

jimdubleyou

… residing at the back of ‘that’ drawer…

That’s where mine is!

I have an idea for a project to use it but mostly CBA…

aracer
    Free Member

I ordered 1 and 2 on release days and was about to instinctively put in an order for this, but not sure 50% faster is going to make a real difference to anything, and whilst it’s handy having built in Wifi (apart from anything else, stuff like Piracast will have a single hw solution to support) I already have dongles for the ones I have. I’m sure I’ll get one at some point, but not necessarily now – I’m actually more interested in a zero, which still seems to be out of stock.

3 out of the 4 I own are at least in use at the moment.

Russell96

Yes already ordered got a portable battery powered D-Star/C4FM/DMR hotspot project in mind

GrahamS

The addition of BLE might be fun, depending what kind of stack support it gets we could see Pis talking to heart rate monitors, pedometers, GPS, cadence sensors etc.

andytherocketeer

Happy 1st birthday. Was it really 4 years ago today that RS / Farnell were DDoS’ed by people attempting to buy their 1st pi?

Mine get used, as do the duino’s and the Mbed board. Although “used” tends to be more “updating Arch again to write the next bit of the project that will never be finished”

Now do I need another one with more features? Could use BLE.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Upgrading as soon as your favourite tech company releases a minor upgrade’ is closed to new replies.