Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Upgrading a Stumpjumper
  • MrNice
    Free Member

Stumpjumper Rocker Adaptation Module?? I can’t see anything anyone would object to there

MrNice
    Free Member

thingummybobby or whadjamacall might work if I fail to think of something with a funny/obscene acronym (little things please little minds)

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is it not a clevis link? So Stumpy standard shock clevis link maybe?

Either way it looks good, would the top hole be threaded and would you be supplying the bolt? Have you thought about what size bushings will be used?

porter_jamie

No adaptors in the shock and either a 1/2″ ally thru bolt and nut or as you say thread one side. The rp23 bush I.d is 1/2″ from memory. The threads in the non shock end are something crazy like m15x1

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sounds spot on. I guess using a nut will keep the price down and with a little thread lock there shouldn’t be any problems.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

The clevis link looks good – FWIW, if it doesn’t work out or there isn’t enough interest the distributors (e.g. Mojo, Fischer etc) can change the shaft on the shocks to fit the standard clevis – means that you can run monarchs, RP23s, Evolution CTDs etc

porter_jamie

Yeah I reckon I should be able to make a run of 20 which will keep the costs sensible.

philwarren11
    Free Member

2013 stumpy evo here, running 780mm bars and 45mm stem, flow ex, formular the ones, zee 1×10, strait line chain device and got 150mm pikes coming next week.

I tweaked my shock with a volume spacer which helped loads as I’m 100+kg. I use it for everything here in south Wales, found the forks lacking support and blow through travel too easily and I’ve snapped the chain stay but otherwise it’s and awesome bike.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Jamie

Did you manage to work out a price?

I_Ache
    Free Member

So two weeks after starting this thread I now have an overbuilt Stumpjumper.

The build is
    Carbon frame with an RP2
    Lyriks at 160
    Hope Hoops with 721s
    Saint cranks
    Slx 10spd shifter and mech
    Works Components thick thin ring
    SLX brakes
    Specialized Command Post

The cranks are way OTT and will be changed to something lighter and newer. I am hoping to put Hope Hoops with Flow EX on at some point too. That should get it down from 31lbs to close to 28lbs.

gdj001
    Free Member

I’d be potentially interested in this rocker too, Jamie if you’ve got a price? I want to swap out the brain on my stumpjumper for a “proper” shock.

JCL
    Free Member

The clevis link looks good – FWIW, if it doesn’t work out or there isn’t enough interest the distributors (e.g. Mojo, Fischer etc) can change the shaft on the shocks to fit the standard clevis – means that you can run monarchs, RP23s, Evolution CTDs etc

Monarch’s? Who is offering those direct mount?

I Ache – nice bike, but how have you managed to make it so ‘heavy’?

My LARGE carbon Enduro is 30lb, built with:

Venegance HLR 170mm forks
    RP23
    KS dropper
    Mavic 521 rear on Pro II
    Roval Traversee front – probably the only ‘light’ish’ component.
    XT triple chainset
    XT 9sp
    Hope Tech M4’s
    Spesh 2.3 Eskar tyres
    DMR 780mm bars

renton
    Free Member

Nice bike !
    what size is it ?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks, its a large by the way.

STR not one component on the bike was bought for its weight. The Lyriks are DPA, I don’t know how that compares to your vengance. 721s are a reasonable amount heavier than 521s, tyres are both steel bead single ply maxxis 2.35 ajd are particularly light. The crank arms weigh probably almost double what yours weigh, changing these to (second hand) XTR like I am planning will probably drop the bike below 30lbs.

Plus there is the face that neither of our scales are likely to be spot on. It doesn’t really matter as I am pretty happy with the weight of it compared to my old enduro evo.

porter_jamie

65quid.
    I’ll order the material monday.

nikolasfrank
    Free Member

Any progress on this ?

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Upgrading a Stumpjumper’ is closed to new replies.