Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Upgrading 2013 Cube Stereo
  • halo25
    Free Member

Having had my bike for a year I am starting to look at improving some aspects of it or actually going down the YT Capra route (more on that in a moment).

Its the race version so the infamous 2013 Fox 34s up front along with the evo rear shock. Fork has been re-valved and 2014 internals fitted, but so far has been less than reliable (back 4 times).

I am thinking of getting either pikes or the new CR350. However I also have problem in that the frame wont take a piggy back shock of any kind as its a 2013 version, 2014 onwards can take one (much to my annoyance).

My other option is to sell up and start over with something like the YT – where no upgrades are needed and I am not playing catch up.

Don’t get me wrong the stereo is great with a 50mm stem and climbs like god knows what…

Not sure my question is that specific, but welcome any sage opinions!

chakaping
    Free Member

However I also have problem in that the frame wont take a piggy back shock of any kind

Will it take the new CCDB inline shock?

I fancy one of them for my next steed.

halo25
    Free Member

Unfortunately not, I emailed Crane Creek last week and they said something about the bottom mount being too close to the bottom tube 🙁

timbo678
    Free Member

I had upgraded to Pikes which were a world of difference, plus renthal bar & stem.

As of yesterday upgraded the frame to a Nomad carbon…the Cube was awesome but doesn’t touch the Nomad

stcolin
    Free Member

Why do you need a piggyback shock? What is on there at the minute?

halo25
    Free Member

I love the look of the Nomad. YT is looking @ Nov for delivery for a Capra so that’s out just now I think. Plus selling a whole bike can be difficult.

Plan is at the moment to go Pikes, upgrading to Zee brakes and getting the rear shock TF tuned as its due a service anyway.

That’s the running gear pretty much sorted at that point, ready for a frame change next year if I fancy it.

Although there is a nice Intense 650b Carbon frame on pinkbike for sale just now!!

At moment just trying to decide between saint and zee brakes.

No reason for the piggyback shock really, more future upgrade paths. Currently has a fox ctd performance high volume shock.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

You might find they are limited with what they can do to the Evo shocks.

It’s probably worth hunting down a second hand Factory one, then sending off for some love/revalving. I imagine it’s a fairly generic sized shock for that bike.

Is there a need for a set of Zee’s on there? XT’s are pretty good & will be a fair amount lighter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Upgrading 2013 Cube Stereo’ is closed to new replies.