Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Upgradeitis… why…why…why?
  • Mike
    Free Member

Ziggy – What’s the green headset?

ziggy
    Free Member

Diatech CB2, rrp of £32.50.

Can also get it in pink, gold and silver as well.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ah well, learn a bit from each one!

Too right!!

Riding in different places with different people and different challenges – usually a good cure for upgradeitis.

You’re right Chunky. I ride everyday but tend to ride the same local loops over and over . . . can’t resist trying different set ups for the same route . . . there is no cure 😉

DezB
    Free Member

I see you’ve been busy on yer Flickr Mr.Poddy.. good work!

CountZero

Nice bike, love the colour. I have an 853 SS Inbred, and I just would not be able to part with it. It looks lovely, it fits just right, and I love the way it rides. You could never replace that frame with it’s history, so just find a s/h Maxlite, strip the ‘Bred and hang the frame on the wall as an artwork, then you can rebuild it when you discover the ‘Lite’s not half the bike the ‘Bred is.

JxL
    Free Member

You know you want to …. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

JXL – You total git!
    😉

Do they have full length cable outer guides?

bigrich

the dropout on my inbred splayed like that, as did my mates, and my other chums who had one. apparently each case was an isolated problem they’d never heard of, which was nice.

ChrisS
    Free Member

IME the people who constantly buy bikes and bits are the people who ride the least (not saying that about anyone on this thread – before anyone titty lips).

Of course the other way to look at this is some people can’t ride as much as they like so they make do with buying bits, it’s a kind of displacement behaviour.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Upgradeitis… why…why…why?

Boredom.

Those Decades are lovely.

stcolin
    Free Member

It’s the work of the devil, or the Gods, depending on how you look at it. I bought a £370 bike, and have spent almost £1000 completely changing it, upgrading it.

Mostly on finance too, through CRC, so, er, not a great financial move that one.

JxL
    Free Member

A few more to perv on 😉

Joxster
    Free Member

You upgrade because you can.

Simple 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Upgradeitis… why…why…why?’ is closed to new replies.