Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Upgrade wheelset for under £300….Help me please!!!
  • mazdarati

Want to upgrade my Mavic crossrides so looking for wheeleset under £300 that will come in a bit lighter. Any suggestions? Have seen the deals On-One have on Fulcrums and Merlins deal on Easton rims. ANyone make any other suggestions. Thanks 🙂

Oh it’s just for general use, Even though im 14.5 stone, I’m not heavy on wheels (have only buckled one rim in past 10 years!!) so can go fairly light. Don’t do any mad jumps and stuff, but would like them to be reasonably stiff at same time

uplink
    Free Member

Hope Hoops on Stans is the standard answer

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

What he said.

GJP
    Free Member

Hand built wheels from Merlin would be high up my list using Hope Pro II hubs, although they may not be the lightest.

My Merlin wheels have been faultless and much better built than those from a certain very highly regarded wheelbuilder who used to frequent these parts.

EDIT

I also agree with what the others have said above. Hope hoops are probably a little cheaper.

mazdarati

So can anyone recommend good online wheel builder, or where can I buy Hope Hoops in stock. Excuse my ignorance but not really up on the whole tubeless thing, I take it that means specific tyres etc also? Not really a problem as my tyres are shagged anyway 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Hope Hoops on Crests. You can just use normal tyres/tubes if you don’t want to involve yourself in tubeless.

GJP
    Free Member
    cabbage84
    Free Member

The wheelsets from superstar components website are very good value and you can get them built to spec for you

nockmeister
    Free Member

This guy, uses Hope/Stans stuff

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Recently got a pair of Hope Hoops and they are superb but I think the prices have rocketed? Might be over 300 quid?
    Also got an XT hub on a xc717 rim for £95 from Merlin. Very well made and extremely light. Amazing vfm.

grantway
    Free Member

Superstar Components are doing a good deal on some of there wheels

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Hope Hoops Pro 2 on Stans Flows

Can be used with standard tyres and tubes.

Front – £92.99

Rear – £156.99

Under £250 for the pair and in stock.

Bregante

Being in stock at winstanleys does not usually mean that they are in stock at winstanleys. I am, however going to put that to the test and ring them on monday!

danti

http://www.lexs.co.uk/Default.aspx?Product=Hope Pro2 Standard&ProductId=20573

These guys have them in stock (well according to their website they do) and having ordered from them last week by phone in the morning they arrived the very next morning.

Hornet600
    Free Member

Being in stock at winstanleys does not usually mean that they are in stock at winstanleys. I am, however going to put that to the test and ring them on monday!

Their open Saturdays!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hope hoops fo sure

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Upgrade wheelset for under £300….Help me please!!!’ is closed to new replies.