Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Upgrade time. Samsung galaxy s or HTC desire.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

As title sugests really. Apart from calls it will be used for browsing tinternet, music and satnav. Any expriences out there.? Battery life ect…

Hmmmm choices choices. ❓

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

No idea about Samsung … seems to be a HUGE HTC Desire fan club on here! To be fair I got HTC instead of iphone and LOVE IT! It is so easy to use and is super. Did 3 hours of constant internet surfing along with abotu 4 hours of idle phone use and it ran the battery down, but I was pretty impressed with that. I bought an in car charger for £2.49 off t'interweb so no worries about it anymore. LOVE IT!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Quick bump for the day time crew.

Cougar

I looked at this recently, and the bottom line is, there's not much in it. Both have nominal pro's and con's over each other.

So, I took a look at the phone-specific forums for the two handsets over at http://www.androidforums.com. Seems there's a lot of people complaining about known problems with lag and GPS on the Galaxy S, with a fix being promised 'soon' by Samsung. No such problems seem to be on the Desire.

As an existing Galaxy (i7500) owner, I'd be taking Samsung's idea of 'soon' with a pinch of salt, given that they've abandoned any pretence of support for my phone and left us with buggy phones and no chance of an Android update past 1.6. The Galaxy S might be nominally better than the Desire, but personally I'd be very wary of having another Samsung phone.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Worth a search, been discussed recently.

MrFart
    Free Member

I've got the Galaxy S. GPS doesn't work properly (Samsung are promising a fix soon), phone lags (can be fixed very easily though) and the 'scratch proof gorilla glass' does indeed scratch when your drunk and trying to impress your mates.

Otherwise, it's fantastic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Upgrade time. Samsung galaxy s or HTC desire.?’ is closed to new replies.