Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Upgrade my current HT or buy a new 29er?
  • nosemineb
    Free Member

I sold my Cross bike yesterday and cant decide what to do with the cash. Ive decided to go back to 1 bike and currently have an 2003 model Litespeed which i love and i had planned on upgrading some very tired parts.
    But now i ve had a go on a 29 er rigid bike and cant help thinking i should sell the litespeed and get a lovely new 29er frame and forks.
    So, upgrade or try something new what would you do?
    Help me decide, i just keep changing my mind about 29ers, so please convince me!

shortcut

[list]Something like this? Works well for me.

Picto
    Free Member

Tough decision. Having made the move to big wheels I find that my favourite 26er gets out very infrequently. Ironically it is my singlespeed, rigid Inbred 29er that has been getting most use since I acquired it.

Perhaps try an inexpensive and secondhand 29er to give it a long term test and then decide?

nosemineb
    Free Member

Good point picto re a secondhand cheaper bike and something to think about.
    Shortcut, that exactly what ive got in mind but think i could handle rigid forks to. How tall are you and what size frame is that lynskey?
    Looks great. It was a procross lynskey ive just sold.

keavo
    Free Member

sell the litespeed, put all the money towards a quailty 29er. sounds like your allready interested and will always be wondering how good a nice 29er will be. i like trying new, go for it.

shortcut

I’m 6’2 and it’s a large.

Absolutely loving it. Unlikely to ride anything else this year!

nosemineb
    Free Member

Just built up a 2011 Lynskey pro 29sl this weekend. Not ridden it properly yet but it looks fantastic. Very happy!
    Thanks for the comments.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Upgrade my current HT or buy a new 29er?’ is closed to new replies.