Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Upgrade ideas
  • ecksee
    Free Member

My birthday is fast approaching and I’m being hassled for present ideas. Had though about getting some new bits for my bike but no idea where to start so looking for some thoughts. It’s a 2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc that is stock apart from some DMR V8 pedals.

I’ve read that changing the bars and stem would make a noticeable difference and hopefully would help with the pins and needles I get in my hands on longer rides. Otherwise I’m not sure what could be done with a modest budget (circa £100).

Riding wise it tends to be a mixture of short road rides to work and light XC/trail riding, although I plan on doing a lot more this year. My skills are probably lacking (something I plan to address with the help of UK Bike Skills in the near future) and I am fairly large (6’2″ and 98KG) so not sure if that will have any influence.

tomhoward

betterer/gripierer/lighterer tyres.

ecksee
    Free Member

Thanks.

Had considered tyres but not sure which ones and the Fast Tracks fit the bill at the moment given the need to ride roads. That said, at times they are a bit skittish over roots and wet ground so any suggestions for a second set of tyres for trails/wetter weather would be good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Upgrade ideas’ is closed to new replies.