• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Updating Amazon reviews – Should I?
  • lunge

Bought something from an Amazon marketplace seller, it was pretty poor, not horrendous but not as good as I was expecting so I left a fair 2 star review. The seller has contacted me, been very polite, refunded me the cost of the product and has asked me to amend or remove the review.

What do you reckon? Remove completely? Amend saying the problem was dealt with and a refund issued? Ignore and leave as is?

legend
    Free Member

If the item is crap its crap, not sure why you’d change it unless you’re slagging the seller?

sniff
    Free Member

Update it to say that they paid you off to keep others from getting a genuine review of them?

woody2000

Bribes eh? Name and shame so we can avoid! 🙂

leftyboy
    Free Member

This

Amend saying the problem was dealt with and a refund issued

lunge

Excellent, you’ve backed up my thoughts. Thank you.

It’s nothing interesting, a watchstrap that was a bit cheap and nasty. I’ve bought other stuff from the seller and it’s been very good but this particular product was less good.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Depends.. was it a genuine item? 3rd part sellers occasionally (whether on purpose or by accident) sell cheap copies, whereas items bought and sold by Amazon will definitely be genuine..

seosamh77
    Free Member

Seems like a decent seller if he refunded you, so your review should reflect that.

maccruiskeen

Are you reviewing the product or the seller?

I’d only amend the review if the product I’d had was a bad example. If you’d received the item – reviewed it as crap – and they’d replaced it and it turns out the products are typically perfectly good and you just had a turkey then you would want to amend the review to reflect that. So the review is fair.

But if all the seller has to offer you is a refund rather than replacement – then that suggests the straps are typically the quality that you’ve experienced.

Seems like a decent seller if he refunded you

So he’s only wasted your time but not your money 🙂 – You could point out that the seller was nice enough to refund – but under distance selling regs he doesn’t actually have the choice so its no real courtesy. However he’s not nice enough to want to allow other buyers to make an informed purchase.

Amazon has recently banned ‘incentivised reviews’ – whether asking/encouraging a seller to remove feedback comes under ‘incentivised’ I’m not sure.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Im having the same problem with a seller. Non working item, got a refund and gave them 3 stars along with explanation.
    Had no end of emails asking me to alter my review.
    Might do the payoff recommendation.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ammend with facts, following the initial report is the seller refunded me and asked that I update the review.

Jamie
    Free Member

Amazon reviews are terrible. All seem to be paid for, and that’s just the overt ones…(I was sent this item for free in return for an unbiased 5 star review)….I’ve also been hounded to alter reviews when they have been negative. Offered goods for free just to change etc. To the point I have given up on resellers.

Reported to Amazon, but they don’t seem to care. The problem is with people being incentivised to write positive reviews, because they get even more stuff to review for free, is then reviews become meaningless.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Updating Amazon reviews – Should I?’ is closed to new replies.