Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Updating a covenant on a property
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

I have a property that currently shares a septic tank with an adjacent property. The costs of maintaining the tank are split 2/3rd / 1/3rd between the two houses.

Next door have contacted me as they would like to install their own tank (having building work done anyway), and therefore require the covenant updating (I have no objections to the work / update)

Is it as simple as instructing my solicitor to update the covenant on my property? (And next door on theirs)
    Or would it be simpler to instruct one solicitor to update both (potential conflict of interest?).
    Presumably at some point each party must be able to review the covenant of the other property to ensure everything correlates?

Their are no issues with the relationship with the neighbours, but obviously with property matters such as these it’s best to be done formally / correctly.
    Cheers

nickjb
    Free Member

Amending what is recorded on the land registry is very easy. You just need to fill in the right forms and pay a pretty small fee. You can either get a solicitor to verify your id and post the forms or visit the land registry in person.

joshvegas
    Free Member

How dies that split work?!
    Do you crimp off after a third?
    Only number ones for you only number 2s for your neighbour?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

The properties are different sizes – so the bigger property pays the bigger share of the maintenance costs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Updating a covenant on a property’ is closed to new replies.