Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Updated iPad to iOS 8.4 now can't access Virgin Emails – Coincidence??
  • johnhighfield
    Free Member

Just installed the overdue update & although I can log into my email account it just comes up with a google screen & a picture of a broken robot & a caption telling me my request is invalid. Same problem with my iPhone too.

I can still however get my emails up – as normal – on my PC using the same WIFi in my house. Tried googling the problem – but just similar historical problems come up.

Anyone else had trouble with the update? Any fixes?

nickharv

I’m running iOS 8.4 and can access an old NTL World email address and a VirginMedia one from my iPhone and iPad without any issues. Now I know that doesn’t really help you but VirginMedia email does seem to work with iOS 8.4 at least in our house!

muggomagic

If you are trying to log in via the my virgin media through safari, then I had a similar issue when trying to view my bill on my iPad a couple of days ago.
    Think it said something about a missing plug in, so maybe it’s something that’s no longer supported on iOS 8.4

prettygreenparrot

you’re logging into virgin webmail on safari? Why not use the mail app? It makes this email lark a bit easier.

Have you tried Chrome on the iPhone?

I won’t say ‘turn it properly off, count to 10, and turn it back on again’ as you’re sure to have tried that one.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

On logging back in to my emails on my PC this morning it initially failed & a caption came up saying that the system thought I was a robot & to check a box…. I did and it eventually let me in.

So this may be a Virgin Media (NTL World) issue…. Or maybe that’s just a coincidence too……

Keando

Slightly off topic. But have issues with logging into my Virginemail/ntlworld account on a pc where I log in ok and then Im directed to a googlemail log in page.

seems to be an issue as virgin email is run on google… Had to log in using the private mode to stop the re-direct.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

I know that Google is the carrier for Virgin Emails – but I was getting a similar problem. My bookmarks etc kept taking me to a Gmail login – which I didn’t want. Tabs if not in use would also revert to the Gmail login too – err!

I had to make other links to get to Virgin email (NTL World).

I got a notification from Virgin yesterday that they will be moving away from the Google platform. Good I hope.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Updated iPad to iOS 8.4 now can't access Virgin Emails – Coincidence??’ is closed to new replies.