Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Update on the 'Dave Bromance' Thread inc. Pete's Gaff Charity Idea
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

OK so many of you, myself included, had a good laugh at my 'Anyone know this chap in the surrey hills' post.

After a vague protest on my part, I decided that the best course of defence for my naivety was to play along and ham it up. I would like to consider myself a good sport and the result of that has got me thinking about how we might raise some more money for Mark/Pete's Gaff UK Sarcoma charity.

There is, shall we say, some video material of me, that involves perhaps the gayest of all gay icon films ‘The Wizzard of Oz’ and me playing a fairly lead role, complete with barely fitting costume, in a mini-production of that film. The why and when of this is a convoluted story but it was to do with a company I used to work for where each office had to produce a short video that reflected the nature of what we did as part of our annual get together. Our industry was based on outplacement consulting so we coined the idea ‘The Wizard of Jobs’, with the main characters trying to find their perfect next role.

And yes, I played Dorothy, costume, makeup and snatch bag with mini Tonto and all.

I would be prepared to upload this video (it’s about 10 minutes long) to a web server and give you all access to watch it on the proviso that we are able to get Mark’s UK Sarcoma charity ride contributions up by say another £1000, or whatever people feel is realistic/reasonable (more or less).

We can track this by observing the Just Giving site he’s created and create a reference that must appear in the donation (if that’s possible). Once we hit the magic number, I will post a link to the video material and you can all piss yourselves some more at my expense.

What do people think, is it worth it, are you interested in seeing me play Dorothy, will Dave ever answer the original thread?

nbt

I'll pay £10 if you promise not to make me watch it 😯 😯

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

ill donate and also happily not watch it…

Sonor
    Free Member

will Dave ever answer the original thread?

He's not registered on stw. He has made comments elsewhere.

alexxx
    Free Member

Mummy, I'm scared!

Karinofnine

Sonor – Member

Really? Where?

And about the video: don't mind whether I see it or not really, but good effort GT, I have already donated, and I can probably squeeze out a few more quid. It's a very good cause.

theflatboy
    Free Member

just as the thought of sending someone several hundred text messages is one of the weirdest practical jokes i've ever heard, so is this one of the weirdest ways to raise charitable funds i've ever heard.

still, if it gets the cash in then fair play!

cranberry
    Free Member

So you think that Singletrackworld is home to the sort of repressed deviant that would pay £10 to see a stalker skipping around in a dress accompanied by a small dog?

Done.

Now to pop down to the shops for some man-sized tissues…

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

#
    Sonor – Member

Posted 1 hour ago # Report-Post

One can't help but feel that the OP may well be registered somewhere as well.

theflatboy
    Free Member

bravohotel9er – Member
    One can't help but feel that the OP may well be registered somewhere as well.

Hampstead Heath police station?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

ahem.

Toto.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

a stalker skipping around in a dress accompanied by a small dog?

Isn't that a description of Hora?

rs
    Free Member

how about you dress up as Dorothy and get together with Dave and film yourselves riding along holding hands for charity, that would be worth a donation!

singletrackmind

Fancy dress Pirate Bike Ride round Swinley

On International Speak Like A Pirate Day

Might even be able to get the Cap'n hisself along

http://www.yarr.org.uk/

It really does exist

Avast , There be Pirates on the trails, hoist the Jolly Roger.
    Or we could just pay the wizard of oz

With Dorothy and Dave as Pirates .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Update on the 'Dave Bromance' Thread inc. Pete's Gaff Charity Idea’ is closed to new replies.