Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Up at 2am? Then Look up….Geminids!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

The peak of the Geminid meteor shower takes place over the 13-14 December when at its peak you will be able to see more than 50 shooting stars per hour. These are commonly bright and the shooting stars have long persisting trains.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuWQ4aZnu48[/video]

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m at work all night, so it may help pass the time.

stumpy01

Is that the best time to see them? Just been stood in the garden (about 8pm) looking up until my neck was sore and although it was completely clear, didn’t see a shooting anything…

bikebouy
    Free Member

We’re off to the pub in the Downs and hope to see some when we leave 8)

scaredypants

you’ll see ****-all with those shades on !

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

saw a few last night, hope its clear later while im out with the Dog *hope she don’t hear me calling her That* 😆

irvb

I’d read that as the moon rises at midnight might be better between 10pm-midnight….

I’ve used this zoomable light pollution map to workout where to go – http://www.avex-asso.org/dossiers/wordpress/?page_id=127 – As I live in an orange area I’m going to head to a dark blue place….

ampthill

I will be heading out soon with may camera

But only up the garden

chorlton
    Free Member

You do know you’ll all be blind in the morning and it’ll be down to me to save all you useless feckers from the triffids?

Northwind

Could we not arrange for this to happen in the middle of summer? It’s as cold as george osbourne’s soul out there

fasthaggis

It’s because it’s my birthday weekend,I book them every year.They don’t do Summer gigs 😉

toys19
    Free Member

Persieds in August for the softies..
    Just got back from taking the kids to haldon to see them, gemini rose in the ne/east about 8 ish, we got there at 9pm and in 10 mins saw about 30.

The moon rises at 1123 tonight, I reckon its better to get out before the moon..

Will do the same tomorrow night give or take a few mins, but the weather is not so great. Was clear as a bell tonight.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s because it’s my birthday weekend,I book them every year.They don’t do Summer gigs

Happy birthday.

Haven’t seen any yet, but it’s bloody freezing so keep popping in and out.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Total cloud cover 😡

Northwind

toys19 – Member

Persieds in August for the softies..

I got to watch the perseids up a bloomin great mountain in france, with the brightest milky way I’ve eve seen, and a convenient massive powercut blacking out the entire valley for hours. Not bad.

ampthill

We saw plenty last night but can’t match toys19 rate due to light pollution and a slight mist

But great fun non the less. The more so as i was unexpectedly joined by 15 year old daughter who got really into the whole thing

toys19
    Free Member

Haven’t seen any yet, but it’s bloody freezing so keep popping in and out.

Theres yer problem, you need a few mins in the dark to get yer night vision in, if you keep going inside you’ll never get to full cat mode.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Look up

Great advice!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXVjkOaboAs[/video]

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Up at 2am? Then Look up….Geminids!’ is closed to new replies.