Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Up (dusty eyes)
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Working fine via website.

Not available for download, tho. You in the UK?

oxnop
    Free Member

Working fine via website.

Not available for download, tho. You in the UK?

Still not working for me and yes, in the uk.

Maybe it’s due to me being on ipad? I’ll try on computer.

somafunk

I was round at my folks t’night for new years day tea and we watched it after we had ate, we laughed a fair bit, giggled every now and then and my mum had a bit of a weird coughing/choking/laughing moment as the fat kid got dragged along the ground in the jungle when he complained of being tired but nae teary or sniffly moments in the slightest? – I’ll book us into the local hospital t’morn for tear duct re-alingment procedure.

Good film, mum watched Eastenders after it though so i made my excuses and cycled off home.

Pook

can I be the voice of dissent or will I get ostracised?

I thought the first 15 minutes were brilliant – one of the best pixar shorts. The rest felt like filler – just a load of twaddle.

They should have kept it to just the romance and left it.

redwoods
    Free Member

8)

Pook

thanks for backing me up redwoods. I knew I wasn’t alone 😉

redwoods
    Free Member

Oh bugga. LMFTFMyself

Pook – Member

Pook

😀

globalti
    Free Member

Was I supposed to bubble? It made me laugh, which was the tonic I needed after ten days stuck indoors with a whining miserable wife and her mother watching rubbish TV all day at full volume.

mashiehood
    Free Member

I think this is my most watched film – me and the good lady love it and our little lad look more like Kevin every day.

Cougar

nae teary or sniffly moments in the slightest?

Was I supposed to bubble? It made me laugh

The bulk of the film is funny, but the first ten minutes (and maybe the end, it’s a while since I watched it) are a proper tear jerker. I can only assume that you both either a) missed the start or b) are aliens. How do you get on with Captcha tests?

Jamie
    Free Member

nae teary or sniffly moments in the slightest?

somafunk

Whats a captcha test?, is it like a “gotcha” moment…never mind i just googled it and i am now informed.

I used to greet n’ sniffle at the “Littlest Hobo” when i was a kid…. “awwww mum!….why doesn’t he just stay with the nice people….sniffle….sniffle” so i’m not totally heartless but i merely thought UP was a bit of a giggle, a throwawy movie for me and i doubt i’ll watch it again, certainly not worth all the fawning and accolades i’ve read about it since it came out.

Not a patch on a genuine animated movie such as “Spirited Away”… imho

Then again i do like “Drive” and “moon” and thought “The Dark Knight” was the biggest waste of the 56 minutes i endured before i switched it off so perhaps i should be contained in a secure unit for a while.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Pook – Member

me too !!
    Well made “knee-jerk” cartoon that hits all the emotive cliches spot on I agree, couple of half decent gags as well but reduce you to tears, seriously ?
    😆

stevomcd
    Free Member

I’m with Pook – the first “act” is absolutely brilliant, full-on tear-jerker.

The second half is pretty standard kids-film stuff.

Jamie
    Free Member

I will agree that the majority of the film is not as good as the likes of Wall-E or Toy Story. It’s all about the intro.

richmtb

Personally I think its Pixar’s best, a truly original story.

And you really are dead to this world of you don’t find the opening sequence moving

samuri
    Free Member

Saw it for the first time last night. My dinner went cold during that first ten minutes. Brilliant!

And the dog. It’s our dog completely.

D0NK

awesome movie kids have been watching it a lot the last few weeks but on about the 15th viewing I still get emotional in the first ten mins (and yesterday the bit at the end when my mrs asked me what the message at the end of the photo album says)

mrs seems oblivious to the emotional stuff and watches me in bemusement as I laugh at the funny stuff, kid sliding across the blimp windows, squirrel, etc etc but yeah there is a little filler in there but mostly really good.

had a look on imdb can’t believe how many in jokes and references there are.

hilldodger
    Free Member

richmtb – Member
    …..And you really are dead to this world of you don’t find the opening sequence moving

I can appreciate the craft that’s gone into making the story line push as many “aaaaahh” buttons as possible, but for me “if it’s not real, it’s no deal” no matter how hard someone’s worked on it.

Stories of real personal hardship, endeavour, achievement, tragedy etc will all moisten the ducts but rarely find anything scripted that does more than raise a wry grin or a knowing nod of agreement…..

…if that makes me dead to the world in your eyes then so be it 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

Stories of real personal hardship, endeavour, achievement, tragedy etc will all moisten the ducts but rarely find anything scripted that does more than raise a wry grin or a knowing nod of agreement…

…if that makes me dead to the world in your eyes then so be it

Not really however I’d consider my life immeasurably blander if I was unable to relate to the emotions and characters in fiction. I genuinely feel sorry for you.

nicko74

And the dog. It’s our dog completely.

Squirrel!

hilldodger
    Free Member

lemonysam – Member
    I genuinely feel sorry for you….

I take a sip from your cup of sarcastic pity, swirl it round my mouth then disdainfully spit it into the bin marked ‘swill’, thanks for caring though……..

DickBarton

Utterly brilliant film…

martinhutch

spit it into the bin marked ‘swill’

fakesounding
    Free Member

The montage always gets me misty eyed, it is such a great piece of story telling.

Toy Story 3, on the other hand, makes me cry like a baby.

molgrips
    Free Member

but for me “if it’s not real, it’s no deal” no matter how hard someone’s worked on it

Fictional stories represent the real life. The montage in UP is a story that’s been played out millions of times all around the world. Every grumpy old person in every street has a back story just like that.

For us, the story makes us think about all such people and all the pain and sorrow endured. This is why we get teary over it. We relate the experiences of the characters to those of lots of real people, or even ourselves.

When I saw the trailer for the film, incidentally, the single image of the house with the balloons thrilled me as an escapist metaphor, when escape was and still is badly needed.

Bunnyhop

Funny bits – The cone of shame.
    Russel’s face being squished against the glass on the air balloon and funniest of all –
    “I need the bathroom Mr Fredrickson”. So Russel runs off with tree leaves and trowel, crying “I’ve always wanted to do this”. “Mr. Fredrickson, do I dig the hole first of after”?, “Oh o.k it’s hole first” 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Soo many funny bits.

Where Russel gets tired and falls flat on his face meldramatically then the rope drags him along 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

Hits a nerve for me, as he’s the spitting image of my Grumpy grandad who lost his wife at a relatively young age and spent the following years drinking himself to death.

Sorry I didn’t have enough balloons 😥

legend
    Free Member

our little lad look more like Kevin every day.

Your lad looks like a 10ft tall bird? If you mean Russell, please stop feeding the child!

alpin
    Free Member

i don’t like helium filled balloons. what happens to them when released? doesn’t anyone think of the baby turtles that assume the discarded balloon is seaweed, chomp on it and then die?

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Up (dusty eyes)’ is closed to new replies.