Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Unseasonable PSA: Bib tights
  • verses

Bit of a bargain at Evans, don’t think I’ve seen the Altura Night Visions below £40 before, so £26 is a steal! Even if I will be packing them away for a few months…

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/altura/night-vision-bib-tight-ec019972

onandon
    Free Member

Ooh, very handy. I needed some new ones to replace some really old won ones.
    Nice

Superficial
    Free Member

Are these any good? And anyone know anything about sizing for them? The reviews seem to suggest they’re pretty poor quality and the sizing is weird?

In 6’/12st FWIW

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lerk
    Free Member

Excellent cheers!

JAG

Lovely – just ordered 2 pairs!

I already have one pair and they’ve been my ‘go-to’ choice all last winter 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Also reduced to silly levels, bibs and 3/4’s in Decathlon, the pro level ones ( as worn by FDJ, but not team branded) are down from £45 and £65 to £20 and £25 respectively.

They’re really quite comfortable.

JAG

thisisnotaspoon – got a link? 🙂

stumpy01

thisisnotaspoon – Member

They’re really quite comfortable.

Not the strongest endorsement I’ve ever seen! 😀

iainc

just ordered a pair 🙂 Have an Evans 10 min walk from work so easy to return if not a great fit…

ninfan
    Free Member

§

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not the strongest endorsement I’ve ever seen!

Unless you’re semi-pro (kinda pro enough to ride a lot, not pro enough to get given shorts) can anyone claim to have worn a representative number of brands and models? They’re the best (IMO) out of DHB, altura and endura (Humvee liners).

thisisnotaspoon – got a link?

Nope, they were in the shop in Reading, might go back and get a couple more pairs after work if there’s any left.

And I might have got the RRP’s wrong, might have been £40 and £45 respectively according to the website. Either way, comfy bib shorts for £20 if you can live with the B’twin branding.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Size-wise pretty snug – probably best going up a size.

jimmy

Just picked up a pair of pearl izumi bibs for 45, half price. I’d already bought the night visions for 35 but PI stuff is great so I swapped after finding them in the way out.

verses

They’ve just arrived, it’s fair to say that Altura’s sizing guide tells fibs.

I’m 5’11” with a 32″ waist and I can just squeeze into the mediums.

Also, the zip is a curious addition; I’m sure it makes going for a slash easier, but the pube/foreskin risk level is high!

firestarter
    Free Member

Ive just picked up a pair . Pretty snug especially on the thighs should be fine tho. Im hoping they give a bit after a wash and wear rather than shrink a bit

rich-c
    Free Member

Thanks for heads up, mine arrived this morning and agree with the sizing a snug fit for the large. 6 foot 33″ waist.

You don’t want baggy gear on the road though 😉

benp1

Just returned my XLs, have had to keep the XXLs!

I’m a 40in chest, 34 inch waist and 34 inch inside leg. I found them surprisingly unstretchy. Great price

onandon
    Free Member

I’m 33 waist and 33 leg. The large is a super snug fit so I’ve order XL just to see if they’re ok.
    Great value for money bibs, but the sizes are on the small side.

iainc

hmmmm, mine are here in a bag at work to try tonight. 34 waist, 5ft 10, short legs long back – wonder if they’ll fit….. size XL

scaled
    Free Member

They are bloody small!

6’2 with a 32/32 and the large just about fits.

May return for an XL, they’re compression tights tight round my legs

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Are these any good?

in my experience Altura stuff is very flimsy and poor quality. I have some of their higher end roubaix 3/4s and they are wearing out on the seat, a pair of similar high-end (£100 rrp) full tights that showed wear/damage on the front crotch after 2 rides (went back and were exchanged), and a jersey that pilled where a mini pump in a pocket had rubbed 😯 .

For balance, I commute 30+ miles a day in some DHB bibs that were £36 for 2 pairs, and after months they still look like new.

iainc

iainc – Member
    hmmmm, mine are here in a bag at work to try tonight. 34 waist, 5ft 10, short legs long back – wonder if they’ll fit….. size XL

Not a chance, tight even when going over ankles, odd material with no stretch at all compared to my DHB, Endura and Howies ones. Taking them back to nearby Evans at weekend 🙁

PMK2060

I find Altura sizing inconsistent. I bought a large short sleeved jersey last year which is very snug. The Altura jacket I tried on in my lbs was huge in large and the medium was still too big and way too short (I am 5ft 10″ and have a gut)

onandon
    Free Member

I think you’ll be fine with that size.

You’d have though Evans would have made a note or comment to up size when ordering.
    Not they’ll have loads on returned and opened bibs to manage

iainc

^^^^^ errrr, no, see my post 2 up. Far too tight, non stretch horrible material compared to my other brands. Going back…

firestarter
    Free Member

They must be inconsistent iainc as im 5’10” 34 and mine are ok and are a L. A little tighter than my usual but not overly so tbh. Im gonna try an xl tho too before i decide which is best

iainc

Yes, I actually had to double check the label. I’m a L in DHB and Endura and these are labeled XL and are tiny in comparison.

beej

Unseasonable? It’s 5C this morning and I’m sitting here ready to go out in my DHB Windslam bib tights and Gore softshell.

verses

No larges left and I’ve decided the mediums are too small 🙁

Wish I’d not announced the PSA now, there might have still been some larges left! 😉

pictonroad

Altura sizing is atrocious, I’ve had 3″ taken out of their “small” shorts to get them to stay up, 32″ waist.

I even sent their top tube bag back to wiggle as the lid didn’t fit. I think someone in their design chain has a tape measure that starts at 2

verses

I have various other items of Altura gear, shorts, jerseys and jackets, but I’ve never found them to be oddly sized before…

onandon
    Free Member

Verses, don’t worry. I’m sure a load of the large size will shortly be returned by the STW masses.

wwaswas

Every time I read the thread title I see ‘Unreasonable PSA…’

That is all.

Clobber
    Free Member

Every time I read the thread title I see ‘Unreasonable PSA…’

+1

Still good PSA tho…

verses

Woohoo, Large came back in stock 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

All lighty worn 😉

verses

From my earlier comment about the zip, I’ll be checking for… Remains…

spyke85
    Free Member

Well another pair will be going back! I’m a medium in even Italian brands, and these Altura mediums I couldn’t even get over my calf muscles! Crazy!

verses

My large pair (oo-er) arrived yesterday and are a near enough perfect fit.

iainc

I returned mine to Evans Braehead yesterday and they were saying that i was the 5th or 6th person doing so in last week….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Unseasonable PSA: Bib tights’ is closed to new replies.