Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Un/Reasonablity poll
  • neville
    Free Member

A quick relationship-trackworld question as I’m thinking my partner thinks I’m being unreasonable but I think other wise!

The situation that I need the poll on is:
    My girlfriend and I are due to move overseas in a few months and she is having a leaving party for friends/family. Now her sister doesn’t like me and is due to be attending the party. For this reason the GF hasn’t invited me to the party. I think this is being completely unreasonable because if I meant anything to the GF she would invite me anyway.

Any views from STW?

andy7t2
    Free Member

are you serious? if this isn’t a troll then its not just unreasonable its unbelievable.

Bin her

Drac

neville
    Free Member

Not a troll, if it was a first time post then I could understand it.

wrecker
    Free Member

Shit in her pillowcase.

neville
    Free Member

Drac: Thanks for your helpful picture

piemonster

Not a troll, if it was a first time post then I could understand it.

Standard issue troll response 0.3/10

piemonster

**** in her pillowcase.

+1

PiknMix
    Free Member

She values her sister more than you, get over it.

atlaz
    Free Member

Throw a leaving party for your mates at the same place and time. Tell her she’s not invited.

(some colleagues once did this when we weren’t invited to a stag. it was quite funny but also quite mean)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Have your own leaving party for your friends and family and combine it with hers?

bigyinn
    Free Member

**** in her pillowcase.

How come in the original post (sweary 4 letter word beginning with s) isn’t starred out? wierd

tutgareth
    Free Member

if your GF were serious about your relantionship she should tell you and her sister to get over it and invite you…. in fact why is she having her own seperate leaving party?!……

neville
    Free Member

Thanks for the other helpful posts.

Her leaving party is being held by her parents so having a similar party in the same place isn’t an option.

bobbyspangles

sounds unreasonable to me.

you would expect support from your partner and not to feel like you are being swept under the carpet

neville
    Free Member

Tutgareth: Best advice so far…..thanks

unklehomered
    Free Member

1 to 5 is remarkably good. I’d lock thread now…

…too late. But seriously, are you two not capable of being in the same room as each other, or does the drink make shit turn nasty. Or is it that kind of hate that is really masking something else?

if 1) hell with it, you’re leaving the country and won’t have to see that skank anymore

if 2) wear a stab vest

if 3) go with it – angry leaving sex in a cupboard FTW!

smell_it
    Free Member

Have you previously tried to ‘do’ her sister?

neville
    Free Member

I haven’t previously tried to do her sister. I wouldn’t touch her with a barge pole.

Her sister’s dislike of me is probably stemming from the fact that she thinks I’m not good enough for her sister. BUT I’m moving overseas with her sister so you would think that you should park that short of cr@p!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds like a remarkably stable situation all round.

Are you off to be travel reps for the spring/summer season?

MSP

She won’t see her sister much once you go overseas, it’s no big deal get over it.

neville
    Free Member

Darcy: No, not that I’m conveying it too well, but we’re a little older than that!

neville
    Free Member

MSP: It’s the principle of it though.

As Bobbyspangles said:

you would expect support from your partner and not to feel like you are being swept under the carpet

richmtb

Are you sure your girlfriend is planning on leaving with you?

I would check

BigJohn

if I meant anything to the GF she would invite me anyway

It’s called answering your own question

wwaswas

My 2p;

1) If you can’t dicuss it between the two of you and come up with an amicable solution then there’s a problem.

2) If you can’t be allowed in the same building as her sister with 40 other people at a party then there’s a problem.

Solution: Turn up extremely drunk after it’s been going for a couple of hours and start shouting outside asking why you weren’t allowed to attend if she really loved you and “where’s that pig of a sister of hers anyway? She’s only jealous ‘cos I turned her down.”.

And then book a slot on Jeremy Kyle.

xcgb
    Free Member

wwaswas has it!

alex222
    Free Member

Maybe you could shag your girlfriends sister. Might make the sister like you. Then you can all go to the party and there will be no awkwardness.

Cougar

Is “barge pole” your pet name for, er, “little Nev”?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Un/Reasonablity poll’ is closed to new replies.