Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • unlocking nokia n95 8gb???
  • ponngoe
    Free Member

anyone know how to unlock these? on 02. Not sure how to about it apart from taking it into phone shop, pretty sure it can be done on line

Hairychested
    Free Member

Google it, shouldn’t be too difficult.

joemarshall
    Free Member

If you owned it on a contract that has finished, call o2 and ask for the code, find out how much they charge, might even be free, sometimes is once contract has expired or you’ve upgraded.

Otherwise, dodgy phone shop probably more reliable than online places, I’m not even sure there is any unlock for it without a special cable.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Your operator has to do it, at a cost of about £20 and two weeks. I went through it all, all those stupid sites that claim to be able to do it.

ponngoe
    Free Member

thanks for the advice men

joemarshall
    Free Member

No, dodgy phone shops can do them. You need a special cable that clips onto the phone circuit board and connects to some test pins. As far as I know, any site claiming to do them purely in software is a con though.

At least some operators will do it for free once the phone is old though, I’ve heard of Vodafone doing it when people get upgrades.

Frankers
    Free Member

I did one 2-3 years ago and as above used special cable, it was cheap off eBay. I can send you links if your really interested.

Basil

We did it using turbo sim cards. Two handsets for over two years no problems. £6 off Ebay

Cougar

First port of call should be the service provider. I’ve never understood why people go to great lengths to hack phones when you can often get it done legitimately for free or buttons.

joemarshall
    Free Member

irst port of call should be the service provider. I’ve never understood why people go to great lengths to hack phones when you can often get it done legitimately for free or buttons.

Isn’t it usually cos they didn’t buy the phone – I’ve been given people’s old phones, or bought cheap locked phones off ebay, I don’t think you could get a code off operator for that.

ihypnotyx
    Free Member

Nokia’s N-series phones have a different unlocking method than their other phones, meaning you can’t unlock them with just a code like you used to be able to. I just took mine to a local dodgy phone shop and the guy unlocked it for a fiver. Took him about 5 or 10 mins with a special cable.

CountZero

Apart from the iPhone, O2 doesn’t lock phones to it’s network. When I got my 3G iPhone I put an Orange sim into my old N95 V1.0, just for Orange Wednesdays and a mate has a previous SE K750i that I gave him that he uses on Orange. I was told by O2 when I moved over from Orange that their policy is not to lock phones to their network, although they don’t advertise the fact. Get a cheap Orange or other network sim and try it, it should work just fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘unlocking nokia n95 8gb???’ is closed to new replies.