Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Unlocking mobiles
  • z1ppy

So can it still be done for free?

Nothing dodgy, g/f has just upgraded to a Iphone so her 6300 has come free.
    My pay as you go phone is knackered and I don’t see the point of a contract, as I spend £10 a month of phone calls & txt’s….

though damn me that iphone good fun.

nbt

http://www.trycktill.com/eng/

Done all my phones on there

ssboggy

It can be done for free see http://www.moneysavingexpert.com but not on a Nokia 6300 i don’t think.I have tried to unlock one towards the end of last year and couldn’t even find codes on pay sites

hugorune

Just type "unlock nokia 6300" into google. You’ll get the pay to unlock sites and the phone forums. There are always little shops (like the one on Argyll St in Glasgow) that will do it for you for about £30.

z1ppy

hmmm having fun with the 6300 – locate util that will produce the code but can’t figure out how to start the phone without the sim in it – accept/reject are the only options
    (accept just goes to the normal option and reject turns it off)

joemarshall
    Free Member

I think T-mobile will unlock your old phone for you. It shouldn’t cost as much as £30, probably more like a tenner or £20 at most. Probably a matter of her phoning them up and asking for the code.

A shop could do it, some of them charge ridiculous amounts though.

You can do it yourself – although be careful – there are utilities out there that claim to do codes for 6300 (and other Nokia BB5 phones), but don’t use a cable to connect to the phone. They are dodgy cons, as there’s no way to calculate the codes without access to either the phone, or Nokia’s database.

Don’t enter any codes onto it. You will brick your phone.

Joe

joemarshall
    Free Member

I think it may be possible to unlock via a USB cable with a program called bb5unlocker, which works on a lot of phones of this type, but the 6300 is probably new enough that it can only be done with a special unlock box that dodgy phone shops will have.

Joe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Unlocking mobiles’ is closed to new replies.