Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Unlocking iPhone 5 – officialiphoneunlock.co.uk ?
  • stim
    Free Member

I have an iphone 5 locked to Orange Switzerland so when I come home to the UK I have to use a different phone which is about to give up on me. Rather than buy a new phone to use 3 times a year, I started looking into unlocking my iphone and came across this website http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk.

Many reviews and facebook likes etc. so seem legit. Costs £55 to unlock my phone and they claim its an official unlock through itunes which won’t affect any future updating etc.

Has anyone used these guys or a similar company?

Thanks,

Tim

jam-bo

have you asked orange switzerland?

stim
    Free Member

I haven’t asked them but their website tells me they won’t unlock until the end of my contract which runs out in 18 months and even then I’ll have to pay.

MrNutt
    Free Member

give it a pull on the ios7?

stim
    Free Member

Give it a pull?

MrNutt
    Free Member

yeah, yank it a bag full.

multitracker
    Free Member

refer online services in Google.com

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I think its very unlikely to be legit – it looks like they have people who work in the unlocking department of various providers…

“Do you work, or do you know someone who works, in the unlocking department within a network, or has access to IMEI whitelisting for iPhones? We are always looking to bring new networks online. Are you looking to earn extra money? We pay very attractive prices for our unlockers on a per-unit basis, and we are always looking for new people to work with us to help drive competition and to spread risk. We require iPhone unlocks for all networks worldwide.”

Orange unlocked mine for £20 – the only condition was that I’d had it for three months before they would do it.

prettygreenparrot

I hadn’t realized that companies were still allowed to keep phones locked in Europe – although I guess Switzerland is special.

e.g. here, O2 will unlock your O2 contract iPhone at any point in the contract. My iPhone 4 wasn’t locked from the start. You’re still committed to the contract so they lose none of their planned revenue even if you’re using another company’s SIM.

not sure if this will help.

As for ‘officialiphoneunlock’ anything with ‘official’ in the URL sounds the ‘scam alert’ warning here. I’d need pretty good bona fides to dissuade me from that view.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You shouldn’t have to pay much to get a new iphone5 here in the uk on contract.

The fact is orange Switzerland have subsidised giving you a £600 bit of kit when you took the contract so they want that money back one way or another.

You can phone Apple direct and they will advise you what you can do, my GF bought an unlocked phone and she called them prior to purchase to check it was all legit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Unlocking iPhone 5 – officialiphoneunlock.co.uk ?’ is closed to new replies.