Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Unlocking garmin maps
  • bikerbruce
    Free Member

can you help me and dad,he has just got a gramin 800 and i have a 705 can i get my european mapping on the 800 from the 705 and grab the maps …so i dont wana pay the 75 for the new maps?
    it says cannot unlock maps,so…can i unlock got any ideas?
    thanks in advance
    Bruce

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Are you the lad who was Head Boy at Lady Manners? if so, **** hell the standards are slipping!!
    SPG was not your strong point at a guess?

highclimber
    Free Member

Ralph, have you ever considered the possibility that some people are dyslexic and by flaming someone for their ‘SPG’ is probably not the nicest thing to do?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

do you know this or are you just being sanctimonious?

highclimber
    Free Member

I don’t know for certain he is Dyslexic but I would rather show a bit of tact than blindly and pointlessly flame someone for their spelling and/or grammar. It doesn’t make you big to do that, in fact it just makes you look like a grumpy arse with nothing better to do than pull people for something they might not be able to help.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

summed me up there, fair cop!!
    To be honest – the spg is probably symptomatic of the lazy generation rather than a tenuous link to dyslexia.

highclimber
    Free Member

yeah, you are probably right 😉 people seem to forget that you get more than 140 charachters you get on Twitter or mobile texts

ziggy
    Free Member

You will have to pay up, do you really think Garmin would let you just pass maps around without charge? The don’t make alot of the money on the units themselves, it’s about selling maps.

leffeboy

or just use the openstreet maps for Europe. They are generally very good and if you want to do something specific like MTB they can be very good depending on where you are.

There is a bunch of links to various sources of maps here http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

I’ve just put some from ‘Team ODI’ in a couple of minutes ago and they look good. I’ve used Lambertus’ maps before as well and the openmtbmap.org stuff is great as long as there is good data for the area that you are in.

Just fire the maps up in mapsource first to make sure they are good in the area that you are visiting but I haven’t had many problems so far

crofts2007
    Free Member

Ssshhh! dont tell everyone, but this site works!
    Got it off of here a while back; now a bit harder to get the downloads but worth the effort.

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garmin-maps/1644-%5Beurope%5D%5Bnt-2011-10b%5D%5Bimg-unlocked%5D.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Unlocking garmin maps’ is closed to new replies.