Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Unlocking an iPhone – Alternatives?
  • bentandbroken

My last two months in summary;

– My iPhone 6 died, Apple declared it non repairable (It was about 18 months old and in excellent condition).
    – My O2 contract was due for renewal so I had a new iPhone 7 delivered by O2
    – My wife’s iPhone 5c died. Apple declared it non repairable (It was only 16 months old and in ‘excellent’ condition)
    – I took both faulty handsets to Apple who offered a new/replacement 5C for £199.00 or a new/replacement – iPhone 6 for £229.00. I opted for the new/replacement iPhone 6
    – The new/replacement handset has been delivered and is locked to O2 because the original was also locked to O2.
    – My wife has a Vodaphone contract, Vodaphone say they can’t register the handset
    – Apple say they can’t unlock the handset
    – O2 tell me that the IMEI number does not match their records and then cut me off
    🙁

Is there any other way to get an iPhone 6 unlocked?

PS – Thanks for reading!

MrPottatoHead

If you just want it unlocked to all providers then you should be able to get it unlocked down the market by the guys who sell phone cases for a small free – less than £20. You shouldn’t have to do it though as the original provider should do it for free if you can sort out their records of IMEI’s!

bentandbroken

Thanks, I tried the market for an old iPhone 4 a couple of years ago and got lots of teeth sucking and non committal answers, maybe things have improved

More googling and I have found https://www.unlockriver.com
    Anyone used them? They take Paypal so I could (presumably) dispute the transaction and get my money back if it did not work…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Unlocking an iPhone – Alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.