Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Unlimited 3G SIM deal or go 4G?
  • RustySpanner

Currently have an unlimited data calls and text deal, 3G.
    £25.00 per month on EE, originally £20.00.

It was a special offer years ago, but they keep creeping the price up and placing restrictions on usage or adding charges.

Given that I usually use less than 5GB per month, a cheaper 4G deal sounds good.

EE have 12GB, unlimited calls and texts and 4G for £19.99.

No brainer, surely?

Is 4G that much of an improvement?

Ta.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have a look at Three, price and reception in your area. They don’t charge extra for 4G. Is your phone 4G capable ?. Yes its much faster, if you care. I have an old Three contract, price has never changed £18pcm for unlimited 4G Data to phone plus 12gb tethering allowance. Unlimited calls and texts. No longer avaioabke but a decent guide.

RustySpanner

Yeah, wife’s and mine both 4G capable.

Wife has used 3 in the past and we found coverage poor in the areas we tend to visit, North Wales, Borders, North Yorkshire.

Have started to use the Google Maps Sat Nav thing, for my sins, but it’s not too memory intensive if you fire it up from home via WiFi.

The EE package seems to be the best around and I’ve found them good to deal with face to face.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    properbikeco
    Free Member

4g is the shizzle, have a look at virgin, they run on EE and have some good deals atm

Del

IF you can get it where you need it. 4G coverage in the UK is still pretty woeful. from the areas you describe i’d only go that route if you either know that coverage is OK or there is no significant price differential.

prawny

I’m on three with 4G around work, numbers wise (speedtest) it’s loads better than 3G, but in the real world, it’s not that noticeable. I don’t get 4G at home, but as long as the connection is strong it’s pretty much as good.

rmacattack
    Free Member

im in n.ireland and ee has the worst reception of all networks. i won’t be renewing. when i was in oz and nz the mobile companies and the digital network in general is way ahead of here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Unlimited 3G SIM deal or go 4G?’ is closed to new replies.