• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by sp.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Unlicensed Indian Restaurant in Essex?
  • sp
    Free Member

Anybody know of any?

atlaz
    Free Member

I don’t… but why?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I thought it was perfectly OK for minors to eat in licenced premises provided they didn’t get served or drink alcohol.

toby1

Is this a question about a place that is not allowed to server alcohol and does, or a place where you have to bring your own and pay corkage?

Just for reference, I don’t actually know of either but the clarificaton of the question might aid your responses.

Sorry, I love pedantry 🙂

sp
    Free Member

Had some friends stay with us recently, they were surprised you could take your own alcohol into many of our local Indian/Balti Restaurants most of these are unlicensed but there are some which are and still allow (no corkage to pay either).

The post is to see if there is anything in their vicinity 🙄

Stuuey

Essex is pretty big. Been to one round the back of the high street in Brentwood.

I do miss the bring your own places. They seem more common in the Midlands.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Love the bring your own idea.. although my absolute favourite one in Sheffield is in a bit of a dodgy area and had a gunfight outside once whilst I was in there. 😕

purpleyeti
    Free Member

if it’s the one just up from the arches then i used to love that place.

elzorillo
    Free Member

if it’s the one just up from the arches then i used to love that place.

Yeah.. manglers on spital hill.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Loads of BYOBs in London, must be some on the fringes?

tinsy
    Free Member

There is one in Hamlet court road Westcliff..

phinw
    Free Member

There were loads of these in the various places I lived in London North and South but I don’t know of any where I now live in Essex (Colchester).

atlaz
    Free Member

Giftos in Southall never used to mind you bringing your own. Probably other places too but that was always my favourite.

j3w3ll3r
    Free Member

Omars in Hatfield Peveral and it’s pretty much the best around IMO with the exception of Essence of the East in Chadwell Heath but this licensed

fenred
    Free Member

Asiana in Rayleigh High St is BYO….plus there is an off licence directly opposite in case you get a thirst increase mid meal…

hels
    Free Member

This might be wrong, but I was told that legally you can BYO to any restaurant that has a licence to sell and serve alcohol. They might not like it, and can charge you corkage, but licensed doesn’t preclude BYO. Not sure I would want to test that !

(Although I did once when my mother was over here and we wanted to drink a nice bottle of champagne we had been saving for her birthday, at the restaurant. I called first and they were fine about it, but we did spend rather a lot)

sp
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies folks, Ive let my chumms in Grays know. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Unlicensed Indian Restaurant in Essex?’ is closed to new replies.