Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Unless you have zero sweep how do you…
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Get your light beem to go straight and not to the left or right?

clubber
    Free Member

Most lights have a small amount of ‘twist’ in the clamp or similar.

Also, most bars start the sweep a short distance away from the clamping area of the bar.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

:lol:Put light on me head or stem?

emanuel
    Free Member

get a syntace vro stem.only way.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Do you never turn your bars? 😕

No seriously, I only use lights for commuting but not a problem I’ve ever encountered – lights are always fixed either side of the stem – no sweep there.

aracer
    Free Member

Top tip – to get your light beam to go straight, simply undo the bolts that hold the stem to the steerer and twist the bars until the light points in the same direction as the front wheel (then retighten the bolts, obviously – you’d have to be really silly not to do that).

drofluf
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Top tip – to get your light beam to go straight, simply undo the bolts that hold the stem to the steerer and twist the bars until the light points in the same direction as the front wheel (then retighten the bolts, obviously – you’d have to be really silly not to do that).

That works fine but now my knee bangs on the left bar when pedalling and I can’t reach the right bar.

Anyone know of a bar that sweeps forward on the left and back on the right?

wwaswas

obviously the danger is you smash it all to pieces and dent your top tube the first time you fall off but it’s a small price to pay, I’d say.

aracer
    Free Member

That works fine but now my knee bangs on the left bar when pedalling and I can’t reach the right bar.

Anyone know of a bar that sweeps forward on the left and back on the right?
    You’re thinking inside the box aren’t you? A far better solution is to get your BB re-welded on at the same angle as the stem, and twist your saddle to match.

drofluf
    Free Member

Thanks I’ll try that 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

do your bars not have a straight bit next to the clamp? All mine do

RustySpanner

Try mounting a light to each pedal.

Or attatch one self contained unit to your front spokes as an incentive to improve your average speed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Unless you have zero sweep how do you…’ is closed to new replies.