Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • University of B'ham – any parking nearby?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Heading down to the Uni open day on Sat. It looks like onsite parking is limited just wondered if there is anywhere else to park within walking distance?

Cheers

grim168
    Free Member

We parked at the cricket ground and buses were laid on.

bruneep

I used https://www.parkatmyhouse.com when I went to the unis at Edinburgh and Glasgow. There might be something suitable nearby using the link.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not easy – there is the South CP (pay) which is convenient (if grotty). Is this for clearing/upgrading? It can be quicker and easier to tour the accommodation yourself. Plus walking from the Main centre/Clock Tower down to Vale is good to experience and helps make choices.

(10m walk away there are residential roads on the other side of the Bristol Rd, near the KES overflow sports fields. Closer than the cricket but no transport from there)

rocketman
    Free Member

Ok thanks folks

Was thinking more in terms of some sort of supermarket/retail park etc where we could abandon the motor for a hour or two. Don’t mind walking

benjbish

Loads of places. There’s a PC World/Comet type retail park on the Bristol road just south of the Uni campus. Best would be just to park on the student ville roads; Tiverton, Bournbrook, Heeley, Hubert and Harrow Roads. Just drive up them and find a place, a few hundred metres from the uni and walk in through the South Gate entrance. All free and then try a Balti in one of the many curry houses of Selly Oak which is where most of the students live in 2nd and 3rd years. Great place!

rsmythe
    Free Member

I second Ben’s suggestion of parking on a road nearby on the studenty housing estate

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘University of B'ham – any parking nearby?’ is closed to new replies.