Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Universal bleed kits?
  • Euro
    Free Member

I’ve a set of Avids, a set of Formualas and a set of Hayes. The front Avid needs sorted. I could just get the Avid bleed kit, but was wondering if a universal kit would suit best?

Anyone use one, and would they recommend it?

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

An Avid bleed kit will bleed your Formula brakes also (unless you have the 2012 models, as the MC bleed port is tucked away slightly).

You could bleed your Strokers with an Avid syringe at the lever if you can lay your hands on a piece of tubing to attach to the calliper bleed nipple.

If all else fails you can take a look at our Universal bleed kit:

Universal Brake Bleed Kit

woolymonster
    Free Member

That kit (link) looks pretty damn good, normally I’d steer clear of universal kits but I reckon I’ll be getting that one myself – Cheers Epic.

Euro – I’ve used ‘other’ universal kits before and would not buy one again; HOWEVER the link in here that Epic put on looks damn good to me, so if you’re looking for a one kit does all alternative, I’d go for this one. I know it’s not a ‘user recommendation’, but the site reviews look good and swung it for me.

bullroar
    Free Member

The Epic stuff is good, I have used on Avid Juicy (shudder), Shimano, Magura and a Quad.

Euro
    Free Member

Cheers lads, sound like what i’m after.

Mr Soultions, order placed. Ta

superfli
    Free Member

On the basis of this thread I ordered some bleed kits from ebs yesterday. Arrived here today! Great service 🙂

emac65
    Free Member

+1 for the EBS kit – Ordered one a few days before Xmas & it arrived the next day,great bit of kit too

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments guys, it’s great to hear feedback like this. 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

My mate has the Epic avid kit, i’ve got a genuine one.

I keep borrowing his as it doesnt leak round the seals like mine!

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Hah, how ironic is that? 🙂

Euro
    Free Member

My good lady informed me that a parcel is waiting at home. Lovely.

euain

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and got an odd/worried text from the wife (based on the logo on the outside of the box) wondering who I’d be bleeding… :). I think she imagined some DIY blood donation kit.

Works a treat on my brakes – can’t vouch for any other applications.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Can the kit epic links to be used with 2012 shimanos, or do I need the yellow funnel as well? I know they do a specific 2012 shimano kit, but I have formulas and avids to bleed as well.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Hi tpbiker, our Universal kit is fully compatible with Shimano 2012. It includes our master cylinder adaptor.

baldman
    Free Member

+1 for EBS

ordered late Thursday night, arrived first thing Saturday morning – excellent service and kit seems good quality.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Another +1 for EBS. Arrived next day and has worked perfectly on a number of different brakes.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Universal bleed kits?’ is closed to new replies.