• This topic has 94 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • United Airlines tickets include complimentary….
  • atlaz
    Free Member

TBH, beating someone who has mental issues is no better than beating someone who doesn’t.

As for ORD, American lost a bag of mine once there. They said it’d be on a later flight if I wanted to wait 3 hours at the airport. I declined. They flew it to a small airfield somewhere “near” where I was staying without bothering to look at a map; it was near but 90% of the 30 miles was over open water. They eventually flew it to a smaller airfield actually near where I was. And left it on the edge of the runway then phoned me to tell me it was there. Stunning service.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

but I’ve never seen overbooking anywhere else in the world.

It’s common everywhere, I’ve been the unlucky one on EasyJet, but BA etc all do it as well. If you’ve got 200 seats, you sell 205 and assume a few people won’t turn up. Usually business travelers who’ve canceled the meeting, and give a few plebs an upgrade. If everyone turns up the last few at check-in don’t get on.

I didn’t complain, I was late by 3 hours, but insurance paid for a £150 taxi so I avoided the minibus transfer and easyjet paid £250 compensation which was half the holiday!

Top Tip:

If it’s you, be overly polite to the check-in staff, it’s not their fault (write to their head office if you need to vent), but when the guy ahead of you is giving them both barrels and every name under the sun (because that’s how all passengers act on those airport shows?) you’ll get whisked off to one side and given the tickets for the next flight which he should have been on, and he’ll be spending the night on the departure lounge chairs 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Check ‘the news’. Not glorious past of the guy that was beaten up has been dug up, but it’s completely irrelevant tbh.

Dug up and then published by papers like the Torygraph because the editors are racist shitbags who want to find an excuse to beat someone who is non-white up and further humiliate him in the press for having the audacity to speak out.

If drugs fir bum sex was such an outrage, half the tory parties upper echelons would probably be in jail.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aracer
    Free Member

Slumming it? 😯

soulrider
    Free Member

where is my pal Al??
    you know the cynic – this is one for him

Alot of money has been made out of this situation
    say I had 1000 shares and flogged them at $75 when this happened
    big crash ($5 dollars per share- so not that big really) and then buy them back at $67 – I just made $8000 in a day ..

just sayin’

atlaz
    Free Member

If it’s you, be overly polite to the check-in staff, it’s not their fault (write to their head office if you need to vent), but when the guy ahead of you is giving them both barrels and every name under the sun (because that’s how all passengers act on those airport shows?) you’ll get whisked off to one side and given the tickets for the next flight which he should have been on, and he’ll be spending the night on the departure lounge chairs

Applies to basically ANY situation in life. I’ve never encountered a time when I look back and thought “you know, that would have been much better if I’d behaved like a **** and screamed at the salesman/aircrew/waiter/etc”.

Moses

Some people may have made money, but that analysis is just plain wrong.
    You may have ended up with more shares, but they’re worth the same money as you started with.
    If you’d bought competitors’ shares which increased, you might have made some, (can’t be bothered to check)

outofbreath
    Free Member

“I just made $8000 in a day”

Only if the shares are undervalued.

If they are, I could make $8000 by buying UA shares. I don’t need to have been a share holder previously.

GrahamS

(Source: Reddit)

atlaz
    Free Member

I think what soulrider means is you’d have cashed out some value and still retained the shares. Only useful, though, if they go up again. Although if they don’t, you’ve at least got some cash.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

As for ORD, American lost a bag of mine once there.

The airline didn’t lose your bags. The only employees of the airline are the pilots and cabin crew. Everyone else who does anything at the airport are contract s by the airport or the airline, but usually the airport. From those on the check-in desk to the people at security, the baggage handlers. The maintenance crews yes are usually all contracted or supplied by the airport.

Airlines have the right to eject anyone off any flight at any time (not in the air of course) and they don’t. We’d a reason for it. It seems United have not handled god pne very well at all. But they will survive this because when it comes to plane tickets most people are price sensitive so will go with the cheapest . Just look at how Ryanair has thrived after pouring scorn over their passengers over the years.

soulrider
    Free Member

I think what soulrider means is you’d have cashed out some value and still retained the shares. Only useful, though, if they go up again. Although if they don’t, you’ve at least got some cash.

they ar already back over $70 a share

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Watching the Dr’s attorney and his daughter give a press conference .

He’s lost two front teeth 😯

I reckon $10m out of court

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Im calling that up ….. $25m

Sounds like their are going for the city of Chicago as well.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Liability is going to be the issue here – it’s a PR disaster for the airline, but they’re a discount seller and over-booking is a little known, but normal business model for them. They chose the passengers at random as per their Ts and Cs and he wouldn’t go so they called the Police – that’s all very unsavoury but legal.

It’s the Police who dragged him out for that sometimes lethal crime in the US ‘Non Compliance’.

Suing the City of Chicago probably won’t give him the massive pay-out he might have got from the Airline.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘United Airlines tickets include complimentary….’ is closed to new replies.