• This topic is empty.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 123 total)
  • Unite for Europe March
  • zanelad
    Free Member

Zaneland I have never been beaten in my life

Swoon, my hero.

Cougar

So, the march then. Is anyone here going? I can’t, unfortunately.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Don’t Zanelad I am filling up…

chewkw
    Free Member

Marching is not going to do any good other then stirring up sentiment amongst people who are trying to move on.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

You are proper funny Chewkw

kimbers

chewk says……….. dont protest just blindly obey your brexit masters

Im going to try and go down later

Cougar

Seems odd to be concerned about something that isn’t going to achieve anything, TBH.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We’re planning on going. Taking the dog too. On a string. 😀

Cougar

Stay classy, DD. (-:

chewkw
    Free Member

I did not say follow blindly but at least wait until the A50 is signed or whatever deal is done, then decide if they are good for you. Isn’t that the rational way forward rather than trying to jump to conclusion?

Cougar – Moderator
    Seems odd to be concerned about something that isn’t going to achieve anything, TBH.

They are just going to cause more troubles to people all over the country. Some people just want to move on …

deadlydarcy – Member
    We’re planning on going. Taking the dog too. On a string.

Why take the dog? What if the dog get injured when the protestors start to go a bit wild?

taxi25
    Free Member

But nobody has said what they hope the march will achieve or what the government should listen to ? I would imagine that would be “scrap brexit”, but that’s not going to happen is it.

sbob
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

So, the march then. Is anyone here going?

If I can organize a wheelchair and transport.
    If only to show citizens of the EU that *I don’t hate them, as a lot feel like that, which is no way to treat your **family!

*Not saying that those not attending do hate them.
    **Literally; my family is founded by various immigrants, plenty from Europe.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why take the dog?

Can I take you instead? On a string? You can be my pet Brexiteer? Everybody can stroke you. I get the feeling you don’t often get human contact. It’ll be nice.

Actually thinking about it, I’ll take the dog. She makes more sense than you.

theotherjonv

**** the 48%. They lost. Is it such a hard concept to understand.

Possibly the least helpful response from a brexiteer I’ve heard. And that’s **** saying something. *****

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Marching is not going to do any good other then stirring up sentiment amongst people who are trying to move on.

Marching is good for the sole (pun intended) speshially when accompanied by some jaunty tunes, gotta keep in step though 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

‘Everyone should be free to support and believe in whatever sparks life into them. Ignore detractors because their voice is just white noise, listen to the voice inside yourself and believe in the conviction and passion.

The internet is full of angry do nothing arseholes, intent on disruption and fear.

Fuel your belief in what stirs your soul.

chewkw
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Can I take you instead? On a string? You can be my pet Brexiteer? Everybody can stroke you. I get the feeling you don’t often get human contact. It’ll be nice.

Pet Brexiteer? I think you got that term wrong as we love our pet(s). No, I find marching and protesting so time wasting … human contact is overrated.

Actually thinking about it, I’ll take the dog. She makes more sense than you.

Dogs are wonderful aren’t they. All animals are wonderful unlike the human … 😛

cheekyboy – Member
    Marching is good for the sole (pun intended) speshially when accompanied by some jaunty tunes, gotta keep in step though

Marching is only good if there is a purpose …

enfht
    Free Member

I’ll march so long as there’s no sassenachs, the complete fuddy gobshites.

Cougar

Racist.

“Fuddy?”

cranberry
    Free Member

I believe that the voices of those 48% (and almost certainly rising) should be heard rather than “shut up, we won, you lost, get over it, two world wars and one world cup doo dah.”

Congratulations on quoting 2 questions and not answering either of them.

Do you believe that Brexit can be stopped and that the wishes of the 48% should outweigh the wishes of the majority ?

pondo

Don’t know if it can be stopped but given the closeness of the result, the importance of the outcome, and the number of people who either voted on false premises or have wavered since, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to give the matter some consideration.

I’d march if I could be there.

theotherjonv

It was far from a unanimous decision, as said above if the people most affected by this vote had been included there is a very good chance it would have turned out differently. And opinions do change as new information comes to light. On the day Martin McGuiness dies, the reflection is that everyone has a chance to reconsider no matter what was thoought in the past.

The big issue to me is that our elected representatives; the ones who should be raising the concerns are waving things through virtually unfettered. And if the elected representatives won’t represent me, I’ll have to do it for myself.

Pigface
    Free Member

Well this thread opens your eyes to the thought process of Brexit supporters

Stay classy Zaneland 🙄

Can’t make Saturday but will be interesting to see the turnout.

TheFlyingOx

Speaking of the visibility of thought processes… How much frothing and reporting and general hand-wringing would be going on if a Brexit-voter had posted a picture of a noose in response to a post discussing a foreigner…?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

human contact is overrated.

That explains an awful lot about you..

jambalaya
    Free Member

We’re planning on going. Taking the dog too. On a string.

Following one of the anti-capitaist marches a few (many) years ago two rasta sporting hippy types where on the bus complete with dog on a string. A fiesty old lady from East London absolutely battered them about having a wash and getting a job. She got a few mentions in about the war and how we hadn’t fought amd died so they could be tramps. Tremendous stuff, beat live rant I have ever seen 🙂

Nope not going on the march, will have a celebration on Wed 29th though.

enfht
    Free Member

What should the Remoaners equivalent of a pussy hat look like? Something bold and clear in message… 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I assume you concealed the fact that you were masturbating at the time jamba? That kind of jingoistic “we didn’t fight a war…” talk must have given you the right old horn.

Cougar

Speaking of the visibility of thought processes… How much frothing and reporting and general hand-wringing would be going on if a Brexit-voter had posted a picture of a noose in response to a post discussing a foreigner…?

It was a joke but you’re right, it was in very poor taste (and anything to do with “foreigners” hadn’t crossed my mind). I’ll remove the offending post.

Congratulations on quoting 2 questions and not answering either of them.

Do you believe that Brexit can be stopped and that the wishes of the 48% should outweigh the wishes of the majority ?

Not that it has any relevance to this thread: I don’t know, and no.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Stay classy, DD. (-:

Guess not

theotherjonv

Not that it has any relevance to this thread: I don’t know, and no.

Do you think the considerations and concerns of the 48% – plus the 1.5 million 16-18 year olds who weren’t given a vote – should now be brushed aside?

“**** the 48%”

the-muffin-man

Sat 25th?

I’m busy getting on with my life that day.

cranberry
    Free Member

plus the 1.5 million 16-18 year olds who weren’t given a vote – should now be brushed aside?

Don’t forget all the weasels, stoats and badgers who were denied a vote!

But lets not count the otters – leavers, the lot of ’em.

mt
    Free Member

For those that would prefer a more relevant march on Saturday, they’ll be one in Uppermill and Yarm. It’s a joint demonstration to get these two great towns back into the fold that is Yorkshire. Freeeeeedommmm

kimbers

It was only the older uneducated otters that voted out

cranberry
    Free Member

Ageist!

pondo

Following one of the anti-capitaist marches a few (many) years ago two rasta sporting hippy types where on the bus complete with dog on a string. A fiesty old lady from East London absolutely battered them about having a wash and getting a job. She got a few mentions in about the war and how we hadn’t fought amd died so they could be tramps. Tremendous stuff, beat live rant I have ever seen

That’s pretty shitty, to be fair, that all they are to you, without knowing anything about them except what they look like, is an amusing story about an old lady shouting at poor people. What do you think that says about you?

cranberry
    Free Member

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/21/anti-brexit-campaigners-face-conundrum-as-date-is-set-for-article-50

16,000 claiming that they will turn up. Given the electorate that isn’t a lot of people.

I do hope that the BBC will video the protest with the nice wide lens they used for Trump’s inauguration, rather than using a telephoto to make it seem like there is a sea of people there.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me too.

Got to show support for something you believe in though, rather than become “one of them”

thebees
    Free Member

Mince for Europe would be a more accurate description.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Unite for Europe March’ is closed to new replies.