Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Unique Whyte STOLEN in Chorlton area Manchester
  • shaggygti
    Free Member

Hi Guys
    I'm, hoping that people can help out by keeping an eye out for my bike which was stolen by some little scrotes on the Thursday the 19th of this month on Barlow Moor Road in the Chorlton area of South Manchester.
    The Bike is TOTALLY unique and should be very conspicuous if spotted, so hopefully it will appear soon enough.
    It's a Whyte PRST-1 that has been sprayed coated in brilliant white and has a rohloff 14 speed rear hub.
    Everyone who see's the bike, comments on it due to it's unconventional appearance and as some of you may know, the PRST-1 is a fairly rare bike to begin with, before it was modified.
    It cannot be converted back to a standard version as bosses and brackets have been removed and new ones welded in place, so it is now only capable of running with a hub gearing system.
    It has Mavic 717 rims and hope mini disc brakes.

Thanks for any info – there is a reward and my number is 07870170661 – this is not how I really wanted to introduce myself – but there you go . . . .

radoggair
    Free Member

firstly – welcome to STW
    Secondly – nice bike
    thirdly – this is hard to say, but your garden actully looks good, your grass is fine and there's no fencing to paint ( after a while you'll understand what i mean ) 😛

Gooner
    Free Member

valves and tyres are lined up as well!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Didnt align his wheel/tyre logos though 😉

seriously though, im sorry to hear of your theft, and hope you get it returned soon.

allthepies
    Free Member

Tyre and rim logos massively misaligned.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Sure i saw david blunkett and stevie wonder walking around with a bike like that

radoggair
    Free Member

in fact, pic 3, the chain doesn't look like it's on the cassette ring, more sitting on top of!! * hopes he recieves his bike back soon to remedy this situation *

Jamie
    Free Member

It certainly is unique.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

What there really trying to say is "yes, we will keep our eye's open for you"

The bird bath needs a good clean and topping up before winter sets in 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

in fact, pic 3, the chain doesn't look like it's on the cassette ring, more sitting on top of!! * hopes he recieves his bike back soon to remedy this situation *

That is a single speed sprocket that has circular cut outs around the sprocket body, underneath the teeth.

sockpuppet

radoggair – look closer, those aren't the teeth, but holes drilled for lightness…

always a shame when someone decides they deserve your bike more than you do…

radoggair
    Free Member

Hey, my eyesight is great, i'm just sh*t when it comes to mechanic of bikes (say what you see) . How this means i think i deserve this bike more than he does i dont know, but, i'll take your comments on board, think about them, then totally disregard them as being total nonsense. The only thing i'm pi55ed of with is the fact that its Sunday, 1:30pm, and cos of the sh1t weather i aint riding

On the good news front, i'm driving a Lamborghini tomorrow……. yeha

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I think he meant the thieving scumbags radoggair 😉
    Edit: you'd have to have been pretty badly behaved to deserve that to ride 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

think he meant the thieving scumbags radoggair
    Edit: you'd have to have been pretty badly behaved to deserve that to ride

See bad eyesight and a great sense of misunderstandment. How i'm single at 32 i'll never know 😉

kaiser
    Free Member

Radoggair…your English is difficult to understand ..where are you from ?
    Also
    seems like not much sympathy directed to the OP …If it was me I'd be well gutted with the response as well as the theft.seems people are more interested in "trying to be funny/clever " than helping
    Good luck
    hope you find it
    Bill

adeward
    Free Member

i had a whyte preston stolen and was sure it would be found it had a 24 inch front wheel but i'm sure it was broken up for parts,, i'm sure i will see the front wheel sometime in town ,, as it was bright yellow,,

i have a jw4 preston with an alfine 8 speed hub it also has a 24inch front wheel

xherbivorex
    Free Member

whereabouts on barlow moor rd?
    there's a few people on here live on/near various points of it; i'll keep an eye open around the chorlton park/sandy lane area myself. chances are some little scrote is riding it around merseybank or nell lane…

shaggygti
    Free Member

Hi there – thanks for your support and er . . . . comments.

In answer yo your question xherbivorex: the bike was stolen from the junction of Barlowe Moor Rd, Hardy Lane/Mauldeth Rd. He was seen making off into the Merseybank Estate. I have a good idea where the guy who stole it lives but dnt have his exact address. He's either on the Merseybank just over the water in Wythenshawe.

Im having trouble finding an exact address due to data protection – does anyone if I can do a search for a phone number for an address from just the address – not the using a surname??

Shaggy

0091paddy
    Free Member

Gather a few mates, wait around in a parked car at night, near to where you think they live? When you see the git, confront him.

Best of luck, but that is what I'd do. It's clearly a rare piece of kit, and sticks out like a sore thumb, so devote a fair bit of time to hunting them down.

hora
    Free Member

Will keep alookout for you. All the best.

snowslave

Just seen this. Bad news mate, but that bike sure stands out from the crowd. Live locally and will keep an eye out…

Toddboy
    Free Member

Whoever stole it must be blind. As if that bike doesn't stand out from the crowd 🙄

IMHO I think that thieves should have a finger cut off for each time they steal something. They might slowly learn their lesson!

fejling
    Free Member

Thieving feckers. I live in chorlton too, I'll keep an eye out.

samuri
    Free Member

My wife's bike was stolen about 200 yards from there a long time ago (they kicked our front door in and stole it from there plus an electric razor and half a bottle of aftershave – yep, I have no idea either). I found it the next day chained to a bench in the shopping centre (the bike, not the aftershave), shot home, pocketed a pair of flails and then went and sat in the shopping centre for 4 hours watching the bike. I was *very* angry.

My wife came along and talked me out of killing the people who would come for it. So I borrowed some bolt cutters and took the bike back. No-one stopped me or asked what I was doing while I was cutting the chain.

Sorry, this doesn't help. I'm almost certainly too far away now to come across this bike but I'll keep my eyes open.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Unique Whyte STOLEN in Chorlton area Manchester’ is closed to new replies.