Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Uninvited rider on your wheel
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

If a roadie gets too close behind me I just pop a rolling endo and leave a skidmark on his nose. Pwned.

soobalias
    Free Member

if i am walking and someone decides to walk right behind me, i think they are wierd. same rules on a bike.
    get out of my personal space or i will kill you to death in the face.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

lol
    you have a point!

Goz
    Free Member

I usually up the tempo, then hear them breathing out of their bum, job done!

redthunder
    Free Member

Whenever a roadie passes me on the MTB (soggy fsr)… in their special way and then slow down ahead.

I will get on there back wheel and then probably pass them at some point.

Or better still start having a chat with them when I come along side.

😉

rOcKeTdOg

She had a lucky escape didn't she Al

therealhoops
    Free Member

I punch quite a big hole in the air so normally find roadies sat behind me for a cheeky free spin. Once I'm sure they're cog watching I make sure I ride over every bump, drain, dead hedgehog I can find. Oh oooh and horse pooh is great when it's flung off your rear wheel.

They don't hang about at this point and cruise psat me. As they do I normally comment in my MOST gay-ist voice ever, "neeeooowwwww, ooh you're ever so fast".

makes me giggle 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    She had a lucky escape didn't she Al

Eh? I assumed you'd done her ❓

rOcKeTdOg

you just kept going on about being single/how do i meet women etc etc on Mlehworld and she lives in the same city as you and has a big network of girl friends and i thought you might benefit but you didn't want to know, it was a just trying to help out a guy on a forum you use thing, nothing more, not everyone has an agenda, sometimes people are genuinely trying to help
    and you do come across as arrogant, whether that's by design or genuine i don't know, i've never met you

woodsman
    Free Member

Fart

BadlyWiredDog

You know, reading this just makes me think you're a load of car drivers who happen to be on bikes. Put your egos away ffs. If you get really wound up by someone sitting on your wheel, just pull over and let them bugger off into the distance. I'm so glad I don't have to commute 😉

mr_stru

Blimey, who knew it was all so contentious? Perhaps we need a system of seatpost stickers?

westkipper
    Free Member

I'd get really pissed off within anyone drafting in traffic- ask yourself this, would you like someone tailgaiting by mm in your car?, or worse, riding a motorcycle with another vehicle inches from your back wheel?
    Its a different matter when riding on a clear road, with a chaingang that you know.
    Invariably, the folk that do this are the ones you would least trust anyway…

RealMan
    Free Member

Do people think that someone on your back wheel makes you go slower? Who cares?

As long as they don't 1, crash into me, 2, actually hold on to my seatpost or something and coast, or 3, its in a sportive/race and they don't take a turn on the front, I really won't care at all, and don't understand anyone who would.

t-p26
    Free Member

There are a handful of people I

t

m not happy for them to follow so close. I wouldn`t do it to a stranger so….

westkipper
    Free Member

RealMan, the kind of people who do this uninvited are IME exactly the kind of people who '1 will crash into you'. Once you've had some tarmac superstar touch wheels*, or run into the back of you 'cos you stopped at the red light but they didn't, then you'll take a dimmer view
    * and I'm speaking as someone who used to be a bit of a half wheeler myself- it takes one to know one etc 😳

cynic-al
    Free Member

RD I'm not sure I've ever asked how to meet women on mleh and my persona is here is 72% joke.

GlenMore
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

RD I'm not sure I've ever asked how to meet women on mleh and my persona is here is 72% joke.

In real life it's higher than that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

*rumbled*

zaskar
    Free Member

I just say hi and chat.

Had ine kid in his roadbike with my 31 lbs commuter tow him for a while as he was tired from a uber long ride prior to me.

Had one guy ask for a toe as he was tired from work.

I just plod away slowly :mrgreen:

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Uninvited rider on your wheel’ is closed to new replies.