Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Unintended benefits/uses for Virtual Reality…
  • the-muffin-man

My colleague at work has very bad eyesight, on the strongest prescription glasses possible and isn’t allowed to drive/operate machinery. When using computers hes has to get really close to the screen to see properly.

He’s a big gamer though and the other night he had a go with a friends VR glasses on a PS4. He thought there would be no way he could use them because of his eyesight, but he said the experience was amazing. Within the game he could see ‘normally’. Because the glasses where so close to his eyes he could see distant objects, read signs on walls etc., everything in focus.

Now if VR glasses were paired with cameras on the front it could enable him to ‘see’ as normal (I’m sure someone is working on this). He really was very excited at the prospect.

bikebouy
    Free Member

VR Pron is its intended use Shirley ?

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve created a one man silent disco in an upcycled toilet tent… the light show and general rave experience will be delivered through vr goggles

Don’t ask me why this has happened as I’m too traumatised to recount the sordid tale

smell_it
    Free Member

For exposing dimwits?

bless

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Its a godsend for estate agents, that’s for sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Unintended benefits/uses for Virtual Reality…’ is closed to new replies.