Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • unidentified russian speaking militia..
  • totalshell

why the wholesale failure to call a spade a spade. russia has invaded ukraine and it seems thats ok as they havent badges on thier uniforms..

fair play to putin, he sounds tough plays rough sod everyone else and thier pontificating , dancing around the issue.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

He is a ****

doncorleoni
    Free Member

See you next Tuesday

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yep, pretty shocking.

ninfan
    Free Member

How Is their speaking Russian indicative of anything?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who do you think they are then Zulu? Enlighten us for once.

(You probably won’t of course. Your likes rarely does.)

ninfan
    Free Member

I think that given the Crimea is a semi autonomous region that has a long history of deep connections with Russia, both historically and ethnically (the majority population there is Russian and qualify for Russian passports) then they’ve got a perfectly good argument for self determination.

If they want independence from whats going on in the rest of Ukraine (and the unconstitutional overthrow of a democratically elected president) and choose to throw their hat in the ring with Russia, then Russia will welcome them with open arms and move to protect them, just like they did with South Ossetia, and that if the Ukranian government tries to stand in their way they will get booted in the arse.

Would it be that different from what we did in Kosovo, when they decided to break off on their own?

Jamie
    Free Member

How Is their speaking Russian indicative of anything?

I like a bit of Devil’s Advocate as much as the next man, but that’s just being wilfully naive.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But who do you think they are?

Would it be that different from what we did in Kosovo, when they decided to break off on their own?

Why not change the habits of a lifetime and try your best to stick to the point. Just for once, as part of your new incarnation.

So, who do you think they are?

kimbers

Russia has admitted they have moved troops into Ukraine and the fact that they are wearing the latest Russian uniforms is indicative of Putin pinning for the USSR

And seeing his opportunity while the new government was still forming

A Ukrainian friend on Facebook was asking why the west hasn’t tried to stop this invasion

slowoldman

fair play to putin, he sounds tough plays rough sod everyone else and thier pontificating , dancing around the issue

So has plain speaking, hard man Putin admitted to invading Crimea?

gordimhor

Didn’t think this would happen so quickly! Hopefully this is some kind of mission to protect ethnic Russians incrimea I doubt it though

zokes
    Free Member

A Ukrainian friend on Facebook was asking why the west hasn’t tried to stop this invasion

Because like all bullies, we only pick on people significantly weaker than ourselves

ninfan
    Free Member

Russia has admitted they have moved troops into Ukraine

I thought they actually admitted they had moved troops IN crimea, not INTO – it they had positioned troops to defend their existing military instillations around the ports etc,

The parliament building/airport troops haven’t been confirmed as Russian however

I think that if they were really Russian (i.e. Russian troops under Russian control), we would have seen a bloody sight more of them than appear to have turned up so far 😀

If they go in, they won’t be pissing about with a few trucks and BTR’s 8)

shermer75
    Free Member

Really worrying stuff. It would be nice if someone had the guts to stand up to Putin

kimbers

Helicopters and troop transporters arrived from russia at sevastpol airport today (according to news nights and footage on the web) after these mystery troops occupied the airport

Your naivety about the ‘benevolence’ of Putin is touching ninfan

jambourgie
    Free Member

Thank **** Bush ‘N’ Blair aren’t still in the driving seat. WW3.

walla24
    Free Member

Because like all bullies, we only pick on people significantly weaker than ourselves

and

this:

Thank **** Bush ‘N’ Blair aren’t still in the driving seat. WW3.

ninfan
    Free Member

Hey, no naivety needed – as far as I’m concerned, If NATO can ‘protect’ Kosovo by bombing people and invading, then Russia can ‘protect’ its own citizens in Crimea in the same way!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anyway, who do you think they are Zulu?

thejesmonddingo

They aren’t its own citizens,they are Ukrainians?

Jamie
    Free Member

Russia has finally confirmed that it has moved troops into Ukraine’s restive Crimea region, after speculation about Moscow’s involvement

sauce

…another mystery solved.

slowoldman

Speaking of “sauce”

Several dozen men in camouflage uniforms and carrying AK-74 assault rifles and PK 7.62 mm machine guns occupied a restaurant.

Sounds like they were just having a lads night out.

aP
    Free Member

Is this connected to the recent Top Gear trip through this part of the world?

hora
    Free Member

Let Russia have Crimea.

My worry is the Prime Minister.

takisawa2

I worry for the Prime Minister.
    That quiff could collapse at any minute.

shermer75
    Free Member

Who? And why?

jambourgie
    Free Member

So who’s king of Ukraine now? That blonde milf with the princess-leah do?

Junkyard
    Free Member

no wrong principle – hos principle is to take a tenous position that is nearly justifiable in order to rile the Lefties

Annoying lefties is his Sole purpose and principle [ oh and denial]

NO one knows if he means anything that he says not even ninfan.

ninfan
    Free Member

Welcome to Sevastopol ‘Where we are also Russia’

So far:

(democratically elected) PM of autonomous Crimea takes control of police, armed forces and authorities in the region, moves referendum for 30th March and asks for Russian protection
    Transitional Ukranian government declare this illegal
    Putin asks upper chamber for authority to deploy forces to protect Russian citizens in Ukraine

Edit: apparently Russian Duma has now authorised deployment of ‘stabilisation force’

Here we go 8)

yossarian
    Free Member

Interesting times…

Let’s see how much flex Obama has now.

shermer75
    Free Member

Apparently Obama has ‘insulted the Russian people’ and a request has been made to withdraw the Russian ambassador to the US. Is anybody else feeling like it’s time our patience with Russia came to an end?

jambourgie
    Free Member

“our”?

ninfan
    Free Member

Is anybody else feeling like it’s time our patience with Russia came to an end?

Thank goodness the West has avoided any ‘illegal’ invasions. Our moral authority at times like this would be at a real low ebb otherwise…

martinhutch

Our patience with Russia? Perhaps they are losing patience with what they perceive as western interference in Ukraine. I am not entirely unsympathetic with the wishes of either the majority in Crimea, or Putin’s stance on the matter.

I see some difficult elements among those who have forced a change of government in Kiev, and, TBH, the least messy option is to allow the peaceful secession of Crimea rather than confront Russia over the region.

Ukraine is bankrupt, systemically corrupt, and light years from the stabilising influence of EU membership. I can perfectly understand why Putin does not want another unstable republic snapping at his borders.

America (and ourselves) are lucky to be bordered principally by ocean or highly stable countries. Easy to make pronouncements about democracy in those circumstances.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Russia has got loads of oil so I guess the west could kick-off in theory. It’d be bloody risky though. Russia’s pretty hard. It’d be a bit like starting a fight with the big dim-witted kid at school: you could look really bad-ass in front of the girls. You could end up with a broken back.

piemonster

No, not really.

Jamie
    Free Member

Depends. Can I still buy their vodka?

soobalias
    Free Member

gonna get interesting, which ever side of the political fence you normally sit yourself, be prepared for some hard questions.

piemonster

I doubt I’ll be asked tbh.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘unidentified russian speaking militia..’ is closed to new replies.