Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Unfortunate names
  • Top.Dog
    Free Member

Lindsey Doyle
    Lydia kettle
    Sally Hore
    Rammy Tupper – he says he has brothers called shovy and sticky

metalheart
    Free Member

I was bitterly disappointed to find that the person in another offices seating plan wasn't actually called Summer Start…

rOcKeTdOg

bloke at work called Roger Boyes

AlieN
    Free Member

I've a Hong Kong based customer called Chew Kok On and when Mrs AlieN was at Swansea University, the Student Union president was called Richard Staines (and he had blue hair).

AlieN
    Free Member

Oh and just remembered the names of two people at my school whose names raised a smile. Stafford Sparshot and Sheldon Dibley. A couple of years after I left I was in the local DIY store and there was a tannoy announcement "Could Stafford Sparshot please come to the Customer Services desk".

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

The girlfriends surname is Caunt, whenever we go anywhere she always books it in my name, actually think that's the only reason she agreed to marry me 🙂

silentsi
    Free Member

There's a Solicitor from my hometown called Rupert Bear and there's a friend of my girlfriends family named Roger Mee.

jimmy

Not so unfortunate but just seen this and it made me chuckle – John Haymaker. Wonder if he has big fists and swings them round a lot…

Hadge
    Free Member

Had two doctors working at my local clinic and they were Dr Dick and Dr Boyle 😆

richardk
    Free Member

Randy Farmer (from the US organisation)
    Billy Hill – not funny untill you get an email from him where the system puts your last name first. I got emails from hillbilly!
    Ulysses Colon III
    Phuc Tran

TenMen
    Free Member

American Office – Barbara Wankoff
    British Office – Gaynor Hardon
    Hong Kong Office – Fanny Pong

rj
    Free Member

There's someone on the closing credits for one of the CSIs called Boti Bliss.

Mintyjim

I work with a Gordon Bennett and a Korean guy called Wankyu Park.

bigyinn
    Free Member

One of our customers contacts was called Richard Head, another was Jane nobber.

Stu_N

Remembered another couple.

Worked with a bloke on a nightmare project called Ewan Kerr (and he was the only decent bloke involved in the project).

A friend, before she was married, worked as a locum in Leith. Her maiden name was Jelly. "Dr Jelly fae Leith" – sounded like a Sunday Mail expose headline.

large418
    Free Member

Used to work with an American called Dick Sander. Always bought a tear to my eye that one.
    One of our suppliers has a Mike Hunt (and he likes to be called Mike). And they have a Japanese female employee caled Fukuoka.

And our email system at work uses first initial then surname. Brian Adcock was never funnier.

Conor
    Free Member

Major Major.

Catch 22.

loddrik
    Free Member

Went to school with someone called neil ng (which is obvioulsy pronounced 'ing') and my friends dad is called mike hunt.

Edited to say I just noticed the same name a couple of posts above!!

snaps
    Free Member

I went to school with a William Barrow, college with a Mark Slaymaker & once had someone apply for an account – his name was Wayne Kerr.

Ambrose

One of the policemen in Machynlleth was called Constable Peter Sargeant.
    One of the undertakers in Aberystwyth was called David. Known as Dai the Death.

Mrs Ambrose went to school with Eta Laverty. I work in a school myself, and have taught a number of interesting names. loads of Kylies and Charlenes. Probably the best name was/ is Joe Blue Saphire Wild. A really good bloke who now works in theater.

RoterStern
    Free Member

In my school we had a Dorian Spackmann and a Bartley Mickelthwaite. The ents officer at Woolich Uni was a guy called Dick Cheese. I can remember going to the horse races as a kid and seeing one jockey called Peter Enis and another French one called M. Rudebastard.

bartat
    Free Member

worked with a guy from the States called Dick Axelrod. Lovely man.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bought a truck in Houston from a guy called Randy Bishop.

Allegedly there is a plumber in Wanganui called Dwayne Pipe

As a kid I was in school with a kid called Steve Austin, we got into a scrape and the local constabulory got involved, they wouldnt believe that was his name. Said copper was very embarassed after taking him home and having it confirmed by his angry parents. (you may have to be an old git to understand the last bit)

Kuco

There's a woman a work called Sue Cant

sprootlet
    Free Member

A couple who appeared on the "Grand Designs" programme had called their daughter ….. Beaver
    I bet she'll thank them for that one

stoney
    Free Member

A mate in my shool year Guy Bagley! (22 yearssince we left). He`s now cheif builder at Lego 😛

Here he is….
    http://www.brickjournal.com/wiki/people-guy-bagley

cooie

Wife's ex boss was Willy Cramp. Family doctor was Dr Aitkin.
    Local cop called Dick Clapp, and a mate told me his neighbour as a kid was Eta Cockwell 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

My mate John at school's sister was called Marina.

Marina Barnacle

Hope she's married by now

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

@beagleboy

my sis is a teacher, and she taught a girl called McLatchy, Pocahantis McLatchy – my sis is in the Falkirk area too

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

I work in Germany and some poor fella in my firm is called Herr Dr Wancker.

Beat that !

oh and the lady that works the til in our canteen is called Frau Bearfuker.

legend76
    Free Member

i went to school with a lad called lee lemon and worked with a guy called dave uren(mr p*ss to everyone else)

Pickers

Once followed a truck with the owner's name in foot high letters across the back

"DAVID ROGERS JUNIOR"

Wish I'd had a camera

taka
    Free Member

my pe teachers called richard head and the others mr cox

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Used to work with a lad called peter stain and his dad alan stain !

A stain and P Stain ! 😀

s1m0n
    Free Member

Ben Dover
    and
    Phil McCavity

ourmaninthenorth

An umpire on the cicuit when I used to play youth hockey: Roy Soles (better known by everyone as R. Soles).

I work with a Hollie Wood.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

I've taught a child (at a posh private school) who was called Mercedes Karr.

martyntr
    Free Member

When I used to sell fertiliser in Cheshire/Derbyshire there were plenty of Mycocks…

The best I can remember were Roger and Robin….. had to bite my lip when they introduced themselves

willsimmons
    Free Member

Dick Turpin – Former manager of a shop I used to work at. Not sure if he ever held up any carriages though

slimtubing
    Free Member

I was operated on by a Dr Hedley Philpott, struck me as a nice but old fashioned moniker for a fella clearly born in the 60's.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Unfortunate names’ is closed to new replies.