Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Unfortunate names
  • roper
    Free Member

In an hour I have to go and meet someone called Peg Bumanis. 😯

Just thought I'd share.

Android
    Free Member

How about Hugh Jarse and his friend Hugh Janus.
    Mike Hunt, anyone seen Mike Hunt?
    Eileen Dover, and fell!

Once had a customer called Ronald McDonald, he didnt look anything like that bl00dy silly clown, which was a bit disapointing 😀

geoffj

There is a senior manager here called Ronald McDonald (it is Scotland).

I had a biology teacher called Pete Marsh and went to school with a girl called Nova Carr – oh how she got some stick when Vauxhall named their Fiesta challenger!

grynch
    Free Member

when I went to high school the track coach was named Mike Hunt.

err.. we just called him coach.

grynch
    Free Member

and not a funny name per se but I also went to school with a girl called Joy Wigglesworth

and yes she was.

joe1983
    Free Member

In the paper about a month ago there was a guy called Butch Gaylover, American obviously. I don't know how the journo managed not to mention the hilarity.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There was a BMW dealership in Harrogate owned by Eric Hunt, but all his signs said Eric G. Hunt, boring man.

And a double glazing firm run by the wonderfully-named Hedley Cockshot.

Harry_the_Spider

Many moons ago I used to work with a Mike Hunt. On a plant shutdown I needed to get hold of him or his side kick, Tony Havercroft, who were sharing a walkie-talkie. Convinced that I couldn’t say Mike Hunt over the radio without cracking up I went for the safe option, but got it all wrong and called him Tony Hovercraft. He wasn’t impressed.

Moses

That poor girl in Birmingham, Ms P.E. Cotton.

Polly Esther Cotton, of course.

firestarter
    Free Member

ourkidsam
    Free Member

pmsl @ Tony Hovercraft

ollie
    Free Member

I remember reading in a paper many moons ago about a couple calling there new born son Drew, Nice name if there sirname was anything but peacock!!

At school I had a science teacher called Tes Tickle and she had a daughter called Pat.

njee20
    Free Member

Also lol @ Tony Hovercraft!

I went to college with a girl called 'Iona Hore' never did find out if her middle name was 'crack' or 'filthy'. She changed her name, not unsurprisingly!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Did Pat call her dad Pa?

fbk
    Free Member

Vet down the road from us is called Owen Money :). Although for some reason he wants to be called Mr "Moaney" – Bucket/bouquet anyone 🙂

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

I have worked with a Mr Mann, Ben Down met a Mr Tickle who pronounced it tickel. Had to put a tannoy call out for a Mrs Verjee who did surprisingly not respond to the Mrs Virgin announcement. Went out a few times with a guy with the surname Bucket. Also knew a guy whose name was Keiron Burke he always said his name was Keiron Neil Oswald Burke not too sure how true that was.

kimbers

my mates sister had a friend called kimberly clark

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

One of the guys in the office I work from now and again is called Richard Fiddler. Surprisingly he likes to be called by the shortened version Dick. Go figure?

fozzybear
    Free Member

went to school with a Alex Hoar (poor lass must have had a lot of piss taking) and a Daniel Wankin! no need… 🙁

Smuzzy
    Free Member

An Indian lady in one of our offshore call Centres…….

Beena Wanka

😀

iDave
    Free Member

i had a PA called jennifer taylor

she didn't want to be called jenny

samuri
    Free Member

Chap at one of our sites is called Alan Fouka which is pronnounced the way you think it could be.

GrahamS

Ppffffffffffftt…

I just wish they'd gone with "Get in touch with Balls"

MrAgreeable

Rude and a little bit racist.

And has also been knocking about since the internet was invented.

mavis
    Free Member

I went to school with a Chris Peacock, his nickname was Crispy!

Also the was a Kenneth Wan where I used to work, his login was Wan K

4ndyB
    Free Member

I used to work with a Mr Mann, he called his son Connor.

Not unfortunate, the bloke was just plain stupid, he burned out his moped to claim on the insurance, which he later found out was only covered for 3rd party. 😆

Beagleboy

Okay,
    At Falkirk Tech, I was taught chemistry by Doctors Cox and Bottom.Might not amuse you, but lord, I thought it was funny. 😆

At my wife's nursery is a poor child called Versache……..Versache McClatchy…I kid you not. 🙄

B.

Stu_N

Worked with a girl called Wei Wei (in Hong Kong).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I went to school with a girl called Anna Ball. I have seen her passport (on a school trip before you ask how) and her middle name is Seed.

l45key
    Free Member

Retired workpal of mine, surname Sparrow.

They called the grandson Jack!

ssboggy

Went on a stag do recently and the landlord of the pud we stayed at was called Stu Mycock. I don't think the bit about his brother being called boil mybo!!ok was true though

GrahamS

Doctors Cox and Bottom

My wife knows a Dr Pepper, Dr Death, and of course Doc Martin.

Recent one of her mates, Dr Wright married a Dr Payne. We suggested they go for a double-barrelled surname, but they strangely refused.

gusamc
    Free Member

at uni had a lecturer called Cecil Pitt, he preffered the longer version …

I've always found the sign 'Family Butcher' as an interesting concept

samuri
    Free Member

And there is of course the story of the driver who crashed his car. Two couples were first on the scene, a Mr and Mrs Smith and a Mr and Mrs Ball.

Luckily he was dragged from the wreckage by the Smiths.

Smuzzy
    Free Member

On the Computer login front, we use the format Lastname-firstname up to a max of 10 character…. I work with a girl called Beverly Hardy

And no, I don't know if she has 😆

miketually
    Free Member

I was in scouts with a Wayne King.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I can best you all.

Anurag Dikshit

votchy
    Free Member

Most amusing for me was sitting in the garden of a pub in the new forest, when you ordered food they called your name, I showered my wife in lager when the waitress shouted 'Food for Hiscock' 😀

juan
    Free Member

One of the lecturer here in Nice was call condom…

lethal_frizzle
    Free Member

i used to go to school with somebody Maria Hole.

because it was primary school we didnt see it as funny, as soon as she got to secondary school she changed her name though!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Unfortunate names’ is closed to new replies.