Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Unfair dismissal – how long before job can be readvertised?
  • dashed
    Free Member

Made redundant about 12 months ago, two roles merged into one, my job no longer existed. They have now split the post again and employed someone to do my old job with exactly the same title.

Any grounds?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Are you going to apply for it?

stumpyjon

There’s no time limit, could in theory recruit the following day if they could show the situation had changed (and there is no obligation to rerecruit those made redundant). In reality most employers would wait at least 3 months as this is the time limit on an employee bringing an unfair dismissal claim. SO no I don’t think you’ve any grounds for a claim however unfair it may feel.

dashed
    Free Member

Not that aggrieved over the whole thing in all honesty… Turned out for the best in the long run. Was just wondering if there was a new bike in there somewhere 😆

Cheers for advice though

sas
    Free Member

It could just be managerial incompetence. Some one goes through the job descriptions and thinks they could easily combine two jobs into one and save some money. A few weeks later they realise they’d ignored all the additional stuff which isn’t written down. After a year of pretending everything is fine the manager is promoted and their replacement reinstates the old role.

logical
    Free Member

This is the sort of thread Tandem Jeremy would love to post on.

zokes
    Free Member

This is the sort of thread Tandem Jeremy would love to post on.

Join a union ❓

Onzadog
    Free Member

Instead, TJ is probably out riding his bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Unfair dismissal – how long before job can be readvertised?’ is closed to new replies.