Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • unexpected day off, what shall i do?
  • rOcKeTdOg

must of booked it ages ago as a "can't carry it over to the net financial year" day, but forgot, just been pointed out to me that i'm not in tomorrow, so

what shall i do with my day, forecast rain and i'm riding on Friday (also a day off, yay!) so need something to occupy me

binners

lie in bed all morning, roughing up the prime suspect. Then go and get absolutely leathered in the pub all afternoon, sat with the papers.

Then stagger home via the kebab house and fall through the front door saying 'dya know what? I….hic…. fuggin love you' before keeling over

yunki
    Free Member

binners
    + 1

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Lie in, then nice breakfast with papers, then cook some Smartie cookies! they are lovely!

rOcKeTdOg

no, i'm not a lie in kind of person

bassspine
    Free Member

go for a bike ride, have light pub lunch, then come home and fettle bike for friday

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

trawl STW all day. seems good fun to me

rOcKeTdOg

trawling STW is for work time!

iDave
    Free Member

walk all day, to nowhere in particular

wonnyj
    Free Member

bonus bike ride

ddmonkey

Yeah bonus ride to pub for lunch before bike fettling / thinking up new project?

Muke
    Free Member

Do some "Lefthanded web sufing" 😉

enduro-aid
    Free Member

get up make a cracking breaky, tidy up the house a wee bit (keeps the misses happy if she is at work)

get bike ride to pub for lunch / couple of pints with a book or papers

head home to fettle bike for friday and couple more beers

then sleep

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Get on the bike and ride around locally, try and go down roads, paths, bridalways, parks, whatever that you haven't before. I managed a couple of hours local exploring on Sunday, never more than 20 mins from home and only went south west (a tip that has been covered over next to the chemical works was the "attraction").
    Depends on your location a bit but never know what you might find, and treat yourself to a pub lunch.

binners

Its only a bit of rain, you big poof 🙂 Go for a ride. I did it the other week on my tod. It was ace. I got the train from Manchester to Horwich, rode about 20 miles round rivi, then over to darwen moor. Sat in the pub, had a couple of pints and some nice unhealthy pub grub, then got the train home. a perfect day 🙂

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i'll email you some papers, and you can help me write my lit review for my dissertation?

not only would you be learning, but you would also be helping someone in need of help – somewhat like giving to charity.
    and we all know giving to charity is good.

now, would you like stuff on genetically modified food stuffs or government policy on agriculture?

rOcKeTdOg

lol @ HM
    i know it's only a bit of rain, but potentially riding fri, outdoor show sat, riding sunday and monday i fancied something different

Sandwich

Go for a swim followed by a good lunch. Bike fettling for the rest of the day.

rOcKeTdOg

Update: sat in the sunshine on a bench in the park reading a magazine planning tomorrows ride, had to leave the house as the cleaner is in, maybe time for a pint!

Talkemada
    Free Member

Cleaner? You could have saved yourself some money, and cleaned the house yourself! 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

How about booking a test drive in one of these beaut's?

headfirst
    Free Member

roughing up the prime suspect

Brilliant, haven't heard that before!

derek_starship
    Free Member

+1 – what a fantastic euphemism.

rOcKeTdOg

Clean the house myself…and lose my self respect?, goodness no!

retro83
    Free Member

sounds like a good time to try out the asphyxiwank

steve-g
    Free Member

"roughing up the prime suspect" – brilliant

I think the best one I ever heard (also from here I think) was "taking captain picard to warp speed"

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘unexpected day off, what shall i do?’ is closed to new replies.