• This topic has 49 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jwt.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Underworld – dubnobasswithmyheadman tour
  • peterfile
    Free Member

Anyone managed to bag tickets for this next year?

I’ve just picked up some for Glasgow.

March can’t come quick enough now!

I’m too young (just) to remember the original release, but picked up a copy in 1996 and from then on it formed a huge part of my youth.

A few friends and I camped out in my back garden not long after i bought the album since they were playing near me and it suddenly became the most important thing in our lives to see them play. We crept out and cycled all the way to the beach park and watched the gig from a hill 🙂 Will be weird doing it all again 20 years later!

theflatboy
    Free Member

Wowsers, on it. Good PSA!

Edit – oh 🙁

peterfile
    Free Member

where are you flatboy? I can still get a hold of tickets for Glasgow despite seetickets showing them as sold out after 10 seconds…

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

That album is their finest work. That and Leftfields Leftism are probably my two all time favourites. A bit jealous now lads

binners

I did try. It sold out in milliseconds. That album still sounds as good today as it did when it was released. And the Tomato artwork still looks brilliant too. Love it!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got tickets for that London – now, how to explain this to the better half?

codybrennan
    Free Member

Missed this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy_B

Got 4 London tickets…wondering who to take other than the gf 🙂

scruff9252

Got tickets for Glasgow, has fair made my week… A pivotal album from my yoof thats for sure.

hot_fiat

Just got 2 tickets for the Sage, Gateshead, Seems they had about a hundred left at 12:30.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Bugger…I forgot all about this after reading about it months ago.

ARSE!

theflatboy
    Free Member

I’m in London – I could feasibly make it to Bristol for which there still seem to be tickets, but in fairness my wife’s expecting our second baby mid-March so it may be a bit of a stretch!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

my wife’s expecting our second baby mid-March so it may be a bit of a stretch!

Probably less than the first time…

theflatboy
    Free Member

😆 well played 😀

chambord
    Free Member

🙁 Why didn’t anyone PSA this last night 😥

Mister-P
    Free Member

My mate text me this morning to say he has got me a ticket for the Hammersmith gig. Oooohhh weee!

BoardinBob

Dunno where the other venues are but the Royal Concert Hall in Glasgow put me off. They’re amazing live, Everything Everything is an all time favourite and the last time I saw them in the academy was one of the best gigs I’ve been to. The place was going absolutely mental and it was rammed. Can’t see the same vibe happening in the concert hall 😕

peterfile
    Free Member

With an attitude like that, I’m glad you’re not going to be there to ruin it for me bob 😉

I know what you mean though, I’m thinking the same. But, I’ve got standing tickets so my thinking is that there’s enough of my mates at least for me to be able to stand there and not care about what’s going on behind me.

I went to see Orbital in Academy 2 in Manchester a few years back and it was half empty, with the majority of people stood around with their arms folded. Fortunately, I was absolutely smashed 🙂

BoardinBob

I had a presale link but the standing tickets were gone by the time I got in so didn’t bother with the general sale.

Couple of Mortal Kombats and you’ll be fine 😉

scruff9252

I’m seeing the concert hall as a plus really. The acoustics should be top notch.

peterfile
    Free Member

Couple of Mortal Kombats and you’ll be fine

I’m hoping it will go down a bit like Kasabian at the Palace in Killie. I reckon I could get up on the terrace no bother 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sC8KT2iGgQ&noredirect=1[/video]

Freester

I love Underworld. Seen them live a few times.

BUT dubheadnobassmonblah has never grown on me. Apart from Dark & Long and Cowgirl. I just tried listening to it again. Most of it is depressingly slow, repetitive and boring.

I’ll be steering clear of a full live performance of that album 😉

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Here comes christ on crutches 8)

I would have to be off me barnet to make that dive. Dove anyone?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

With whiplash willy the motorpsycho

Mister-P
    Free Member

I went to see Orbital in Academy 2 in Manchester a few years back and it was half empty, with the majority of people stood around with their arms folded. Fortunately, I was absolutely smashed

I saw them at Brixton Academy a few years ago and I was one of the folk stood around with folded arms. I wasn’t smashed. So maybe this says something about Orbital?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I saw them at Brixton Academy a few years ago and I was one of the folk stood around with folded arms. I wasn’t smashed. So maybe this says something about Orbital?

Yup folks you heard it here first…dance music is better with drugs – revelatory.

I was at (one of) the brixton academy gig(s). I wasnt’ stood rounfd the edge with my arms folded. Would sir have been dancing if it was Crosby Stills and Nash?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

And we all went mental…
    And danced

dickster
    Free Member

Thanks to the OP for posting this.

This is a real classic album. Memories of 1st year at university watching Underworld supported by The Dust Brothers.

Fun times. Messy times. Dancing for days…

Not sure I wanna replace those memories………

Cowgirl is playing now……

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Memories of 1st year at university watching Underworld supported by The Dust Brothers.

Ditto. Megadog tour perchance? I remember watching it with a 4 pack of IPA!

dickster
    Free Member

[/quote]Ditto. Megadog tour perchance? I remember watching it with a 4 pack of IPA!

It was indeed Megadog.

I look back in fondness on that night/weekend. Such happy memories..

It just seems sooooo long ago…

Not sure if got the ‘quote’ function quite right.. 🙂

darrenspink
    Free Member

Got tickets in there pre-sale for Manchester. Always worth signing up to newsletters! Excited already.

senorj

I am also an underworld lover.
    Glad to get it of my chest tbh.

hot_fiat

Got a mail through from Underworld this morning saying that they’re adding a few more dates to the tour, inluding one in the UK – Brighton Dome on 7th March. Tickets go on sale on Friday, though dome and underworld mailing list members can get presale tickets from tomorrow:

Presale

General Release

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Cowgirl was just the best tune ever.

But I don’t want to go see them live now.

peterfile
    Free Member

Well that came around quickly! Glasgow gig tonight 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Was in Laaandan on Friday with stevestunts of this parish. Was PROPER. He was poorly though (not booze – got a bug of his eldest, puked in the street and everything).

DezB
    Free Member

Saw them in Brighton last Saturday…
    “They” were good. But I’ve seen them much much better in the past.
    I say “They” because it wasn’t really Underworld. It was Rick and Darren Price. Which is only 1 bloke out of Underworld.

It was at Brighton Dome which has a massive sound system, but it was nowhere near loud enough.
    Now, I go to a lot of gigs and most are new bands.. I’m not used to walking into a bar full of middle aged folk milling around discussing who was baby sitting Tarquin tonight and which Le Creuset pans they’d been using that day. Ok, fine if they do that in the bar, but they were doing it ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE GIG too. Ignorant bastards. Twice I turned to people and, politely as I could muster, told them to shut the f up.

They didn’t ruin Dirty Epic or Rez though, I danced like a monkey to those.

Overall, pretty average. And the last re-union/album anniversary gig I ever do. Why do people pay £30+ to go to a gig and not even watch/listen? Is it just so they can get their shitty photo on Facetwit to show people they were there??

peterfile
    Free Member

Dez, I thought the exact same thing last time I saw Orbital. Loads of middle aged guys standing around with their arms folded, chatting and looking pretty bored. Seemed they’d manage to blag a free pass from the wives for the night and then realised they just don’t like clubs any more.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Well the standing in the apollo was bouncin’ and it was definitiely loud enough(OK it’s never loud enough but it was. I’m 38 you know.)

VanHalen

Dez, I agree I had to have words with the wife at one point.

They were ok but not amazing. When they were good I was younger and off my face. Good night out tho for us tho, babysitters etc..

To be fair it’s a tour on a 20yr old album. Therefore everyone is going to be about 40 At the gig. I was there for retro kicks. Haven’t listened to underworld in about 19 yrs.

Hoping for better things from the super furrys later this year…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Underworld – dubnobasswithmyheadman tour’ is closed to new replies.