Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Underfloor Heating
  • Kbrembo
    Free Member

Oil fed underfloor heating.

Most economical always on or on early morning 3-4 hrs then again later for 3-4 hrs?

Cheers

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Get a clever room stat that will learn the characteristics of your particular house. It will learn how early to turn on so reach the desired temp etc.
    Definately timer is the way to go

Bear
    Free Member

do you mean the underfloor is supplied with heat from an oil fired boiler? also is it one room or whole house?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

From about October onwards i leave my heating on all the time,Find it uses less oil.And the place is always nice and warm,i also use a lower temperature setting when its left on.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Most systems designed to be on permanantly, as said above using stats, by turning off your asking the system to work very hard to get temperature’s back up quickly!

showerman
    Free Member

do not have under floor but have been torn between leaving on at a lower temp or using the timer, what worries me is being to warm when sleeping

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i have oil fired underfloor heating. we have thermostat in each room which controls them independently. took ages to get it all sorted – really needs to be always on with these controls. If the heating is off then takes about a day to warm up!

We have the night temps only set 1 or 2 degrees less than the day, this way it only really needs to work a little each time to keep the temp. If the night (off) temp is too low, the heating ends up running all day to try to work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Underfloor Heating’ is closed to new replies.