Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Under Armour stuff – any good or just hype?
  • Lots of claims of technical wonder fabrics, or is it just an American corporation talking things up?

ads678

I only wear UA pants if that helps you in any way!!

Also got a couple of T-shirts which are pretty good.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Got a couple of under armour items and they seem alright. Some long boxers for hiking ‘cos the long ones don’t bunch up and a couple of thin T-shirts that are supposed to be some special climate control fabric for spin classes. The T-shirts are pretty comfortable and are my first choice to wear if they’re not in the wash but they’re not magic, I still sweat like a bull. The boxers really are very good, proper all day don’t really notice you’re wearing them sort of comfort but that’s as much down to the fit as the materials. They all seem to be lasting pretty well so far.

is it just an American corporation talking things up?

There’s definitely a strong element of overblown marketing BS but so long as your not expecting miracles then I reckon the clothing is actually pretty good.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I use their stuff for running in colder weather and have no complaints.

DrP

From my recent holiday experiences, wearing UA stuff ‘turns’ you into an overweight, beer swilling ‘brit abroad’….

Avoid

DrP

😉
    Just playin’… I’ve a pair of UA sports shorts – nice fit. I would say they aren’t really any different from any other sport short, however.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Some people won’t touch them due to the connection to big game hunting.

bruneep

I can assure you there is no big game to hunt in my pants

BillOddie

I have a ton of UA gym stuff mainly as I find it fits me way better than the likes of Nike, Adidas.

It’s all very comfy and the wicking fabrics do seem to do the job.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I can assure you there is no big game to hunt in my pants

I could tell that wasn’t an elephant’s trunk

From my recent holiday experiences, wearing UA stuff ‘turns’ you into an overweight, beer swilling ‘brit abroad’….

Is UA the new Tapout??

jimdubleyou

I only have BoxerJocks in my underwear drawer these days. All day comfort and no chafing.

I have a couple of hoodies I bought from Costco – they are supposed to be water resistant, not so sure on the oldest one now…

Went into the UA shop the last time I was in the US, couldn’t believe how expensive it was – I wanted bargains!

rocketman
    Free Member

Their core stuff – compression wear – is actually Not That Bad but like many brands they’ve diversified into the world of meh and chav so choose carefully

DezB
    Free Member

Bought some stuff years ago in an outlet mall in the US – the long sleeve base layer I bought for $13 is still like new.. I wish I’d bought more!
    Have a few other things, like a hoody and some trainers, all decent quality and comfortable. I like. Shame SportsDirect has nabbed the brand 😉

nwmlarge
    Free Member

The gym gear is decent and functional.

redmist
    Free Member

I’ve got some of their Chill mesh boxers I use for long runs and they’re great and very comfortable. Also got some running compression leggings that are warm and comfy, don’t notice any particular compression. Had various long sleeves overt the years too and best endorsement I can say is I’ve never worn any of the stuff out.

rene59
    Free Member

I like their stuff, seems to fit better and last longer than some of the others.

hatter

They started in Baltimore where my missus is from so been wearing their stuff for years as it was readily available when I went over there.

It’s perfectly decent gym wear, lasts well and their thermal base layers have proven to be decent on the bike, but they’re not anything mega special, Just another alternative to Nike/Adidas etc etc.

loddrik
    Free Member

I resisted them for a while as I didn’t like the kind of image of all those I see around me wearing loads of the stuff. Then I tried a pair of their tapered woven WG trousers. They were the trousers I’d been searching for for years in terms of fit, comfort and durability. I went and bought 4 pairs of them and they’re now all I wear off the bike.

zilog6128

Boxer Jocks are the best pants I’ve tried, only wear them now.
    Also wear long/short compression tops as base layers. Really rate them.

Plus I look like The Rock (in my mind 🙂 )

Quite often have them at a decent price on SP which is when I stock up (although they are very long lasting, not had to throw anything out yet despite wearing some of the Ts being years old!)

Some people won’t touch them due to the connection to big game hunting.

AFAIK this is the US definition of “big game hunting”, i.e. non-endangered bears/elk/etc (which obviously some people also have a problem with, which I respect) NOT what we in the UK would normally mean e.g. lions/tigers/rhinos/elephants etc

Quite often have them at a decent price on SP

That was my main reason for asking. New stuff in.

wallop

I like it for running. Nice capri pants and decent t-shirts. Washes well. Free delivery from their (fairly decent) online store. Not all of it is logo’d to the max.

BillOddie

Under Armour stuff is also often cheap on Wiggle.

samunkim
    Free Member

As mentioned above.

Their early stuff seemed to last forever.

Now seems to be going a bit “No Fear”

yoshimi

Boxers are good – do a good job of keeping balls unsweaty and don’t bunch up, good hiking underwear

RobHilton
    Free Member

AFAIK this is the US definition of “big game hunting”, i.e. non-endangered bears/elk/etc (which obviously some people also have a problem with, which I respect) NOT what we in the UK would normally mean e.g. lions/tigers/rhinos/elephants etc

This is correct, but would include things like mountain lions also, which, to my mind, are close enough to the African big cats to make no difference.

The actual motivations of these ‘hunters’ appears to be no different either way, though – killing for ‘sport’.

Disclaimer: I like sausages.

kerbdog
    Free Member

I’ve used the heatgear stuff while playing ice hockey and it definitely stops your armor from smelling as bad (it stops the transfer of dead skin and bacteria). The cold gear is decent for walking etc but i found wearing it on the bike made me cold if i had to stop as it cant cope with the moisture as well.

ac505
    Free Member

I liked UA right up to the point that I found out that they also do hunting clothes and sponsor professional game hunters. Two of which last year thought it would be a good idea to go spear hunting and kill a bear. WTF..

No under armour no more.

BadlyWiredDog

Disclaimer: I like sausages.

Yeah, but would you shoot one in cold blood?

chrisa87
    Free Member

I liked UA right up to the point that I found out that they also do hunting clothes and sponsor professional game hunters. Two of which last year thought it would be a good idea to go spear hunting and kill a bear. WTF..

No under armour no more.

+1
    Even though they dropped the hunters they sponsored (that speared the bear anyway) it still doesn’t sit well with me. Was a shame as I liked some of their shorts, but won’t buy any more. Also prices have been going up a lot in the last 1-2yrs.

timba
    Free Member

I prefer the roller ball under armers over the anti-perspirant sprays

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

UA and HH are my go to base layers

No one mentioned how comfortable their golf kit is!?! 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

THM – you see that horse over there?…
    The one you rode in on?…
    Well you know what to do….

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Under Armour stuff – any good or just hype?’ is closed to new replies.