Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • undeleting files
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

I’ve managed to delete about a 1000 files, in about 100 directories. What’s the best way to undelete them all?

I’ve had a quick look at Recuva (recommended on another thread), but I can’t see a way of keeping the directory structure intact.

Suggestions?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Ctrl +Z? 😀

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Clear desk and shuffle quietly to office door, get in car and scarper?

Cougar

Restore from backups?

xiphon
    Free Member

Cougar, don’t be silly

Cougar

I know, but hope springs eternal.

Recuva’s very good I believe, though I’ve not used it personally I’ve had it highly recommended. There’s other options too, Linux boot disks and so forth. But in honesty, you might need to accept that any ‘recovery’ program might not be 100% and take what you can get.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Cheers all. 1st 2 posts made me chuckle.

Backups usually would an option, but they were all new files from a friend and I managed to delete them before they got anywhere near a drive that is backed up. On the plus side, that does mean the drive hasn’t been touched since the delete so should be fairly recoverable.

Will any Linux boot disk do? I’ve a Ubuntu knocking round, what software would do the job?

alfabus
    Free Member

get files from friend again?

atlaz
    Free Member

I had/have (I may have deleted it which is a bugger) software called EasyRecovery Pro which did a great job of recovering directories. Wasn’t perfect but was the best I’ve used.

Cougar

get files from friend again?

+1.

Also, at the risk of stating the blindingly obvious; Recycle Bin?

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Getting them again is the last resort, though a great suggestion. He lives the other end of the country. Actually thinking about it, the other end of a different country. He’s in Wales I’m in England.

Recycle bin only holds a few, there was 500Gb of them on a 750Gb drive.

Hmm, this has got me thinking though, my Nikon camera came with some recovery software. Wonder where I put that?

soma_rich
    Free Member

PhotoRec is a great little package…

alfabus
    Free Member

I had/have (I may have deleted it which is a bugger) software called EasyRecovery Pro

oh teh ironing 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

alfabus – that was why I mentioned it 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘undeleting files’ is closed to new replies.