Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Uncontrollable kids..
  • elzorillo
    Free Member

Had a mother from hell move in a couple of doors down in a buy-to-let property with a little monster of a lad.. about 12 years old and a complete nutcase.. Not seen sight of a father (good job cos I cant see any conversation with him ending well).. seen the kid shouting abuse at an elderly couple further down the street. police bringing him home a few times etc.

Caught him in my garden a couple of time and chased him off (got the finger once he was safe out of reach).

Just caught him this evening sat on my fence with a mate and a couple of girls smoking, shouting and swearing whilst my 2.5 year old granddaughter was playing on the patio.

I told him politely to get down.. only response I got was a cocky “why?” !! I further explained that I didnt want my granddaughter listening to such language and he jumped down laughing then a bit of abuse and they ran off!!

I’m fuming but at a total loss what to do besides put up with it for a few years and hope he grows out of it.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Patio you say…

franksinatra

Try to get to know him, better to be a mate than an enemy.

I’ve worked in residential units for kids, under all the bravado they are still just kids.

Next time, don’t tell him off, ask him his name and have a chat.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Seriously tho, it’s cctv time for you i think

elzorillo
    Free Member

Patio you say…

beanieripper
    Free Member

don’t worry, his mum will probably feed him so much mcdonalds that in a few months he wont be able to get on the fence..

glupton1976
    Free Member

What Franksinatra said. I live in an area that’s rough as hell, and trust me it’s better to be friendly than make an enemy of folk.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Can you borrow a smaller bike and offer to take him out on it on the trails – like a lot of troublesome kids he has probably got masses of potential under there but with no other channel to vent it to.

meehaja
    Free Member

get school kids hanging around in the gap between my fence and some trees, drinking/smoking etc. I was in the garden drinking/smoking etc so i went and joined them with my cigar and fine scotch. They’ve never been back.

But yeah, I was nervous of the local scrotey kids seeing my bikes, but they were impressed and wanted to ask about them. Fixed one lads knackered bike by fitting a new brake cable and some old V brake pads I had knocking around (I knew I kept old cables for a reason!), he’s sound as now and we get no grief off the local kids. Their parents on the other hand…

legend
    Free Member

How are the foundations of said patio? Need adding too?

(This is what patriotpro was hinting at)

elzorillo
    Free Member

Try to get to know him, better to be a mate than an enemy.

and how does that theory work with kids that plainly dont want to be friendly however hard you try?

plus a mother that seems intent on only chucking him out whilst she entertains numerous aquantances.

yunki
    Free Member

franksinatra has the right answer

beanieripper
    Free Member

what mooley said then…ffs

spchantler
    Free Member

its either a race to the bottom or a struggle to the top. of the sh1t heap.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Thing is.. I’m from a rough area myself originally .. and deal with plenty of very rough kids at the boxing club fine.

The problem is that once you leave the gym, school, etc.. on the streets you have pretty much sod all you can do with this type of behaviour..

What a world we’ve created!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Befriend them is my advice

i caught them all skiining up at the back of mine.
    very funny they all ran off but the one holding it [ not rolled] did not move. Seeing him paralysed and trying to pretend he was not doing anything was funny

they were cool. they say hello to me now I let them smoke it I did not join in.

Warned them though as my neighbour would mooley them then call the police and claim they all fell over if he caught them …he probably would as well

spacemonkey

Start with Frank’s approach … see how it goes … switch to Mooly’s method if not working.

franksinatra

Start with Frank’s approach … see how it goes … switch to Mooly’s method if not working.

Too right.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Anti vandal paint on the fence for starters…….

Mooly
    Free Member

I’m not suggesting you actually do the kid any harm just fire a shot across is bow.
    I would imagine that quite a few people on here, including myself, have got up to no good in the past and would have pissed them selfs laughing, if with a group of mates all trying to look cool, some old codger started to try and be their best mates. Although i’m sure this has its time a place.
    All the best however you sort it out.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Do that, no disrespect but they’re more likely to listen to a hard nut they’re own age than they are any of us types.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Where’s my post gone?? ❓ Junks post has disapeared too 😐

PJM1974
    Free Member

+1 for going to talk to him…from the sounds of it, any attention whether good or bad is what he’s looking for. Try to see beyond the finger and the attitude and engage with him. It’s amazing what you’ll achieve with a little mutual respect.

If there’s no father around, all the more reason…

+1 for dragging him out on a ride, maybe he might learn something.

elzorillo
    Free Member

I’m going to invite him and his mates to the boxing club 😈

cinnamon_girl

No right answer. Kid is obviously used to being shouted at, perhaps that’s the only time his mother pays him any attention.

Most kids aren’t born bad but, and I’m not apologising for saying this, boys particularly do need a father figure.

Why not try talking to him as a child? Engage with him, I think that’s the PC phrase. Chances are he’s received plenty of negativity, not what he needs.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Kid is obviously used to being shouted at, perhaps that’s the only time his mother pays him any attention

Where do you get this from?

don’t worry, his mum will probably feed him so much mcdonalds that in a few months he wont be able to get on the fence..

Wow! Stunningly stupid,even by STW standards, well done!

nealglover
    Free Member

and how does that theory work with kids that plainly dont want to be friendly however hard you try?

There was a similar age kid who caused a few minor issues where I used to live.
    I was out the front washing the car one day when he walked last with his usual “tough guy glare”
    I asked him if he fancied earning a tenner and he helped wash and wax the car, showed him how to do it properly, and taught him why, had a bit of a laugh and a bit of piss taking etc and he got his tenner nd off he went.

After that I never had any issues with him, he used to stop and chat if he saw me in the garage etc. he was a nice lad, he was just so used to people having a go at him all the time, he was always on the offensive.

Best tenner I ever spent 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

@nealglover

This is why STW posts need a “like” button!

elzorillo
    Free Member

also @nealglover..

tried that with snow clearing.. when I went out he’d written some expletive on the back of my car and sodded off with the money. Snow still on drive.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You paid up front? You daft expletive!

Edric64
    Free Member

You and a mate need to catch him and roughly castrate him before its to late he may already be of breeding age and ready to produce the next generation of similar children.

Spin
    Free Member

+1 for dragging him out on a ride, maybe he might learn something.

[Sarcasm]Aye that’ll work.[/Sarcasm]

I get the impression the OP doesn’t really want to spend time with this lad and really, why should he?

Plus, the response to ‘fancy going for a bike ride’ is likely to be ‘f*ck off you paedo’

enfht
    Free Member

Befriend them all then murder them one by one. Do not do this.

project
    Free Member

Cycle around some rougher parts of liverpool, most of the kids i ask politely too pass them or if they move say thankyou to them, some even say thankyou back for not mowing them down or shouting at them.

One group even pointed out that a group of men old enough to be their dads had swore at them and said to get off the path or they would call the police and have them arrested.

Just say hello to them, and if you see them regularly smile and stop and chat,its so easy.

You do stop and talk to adults dont you.

nealglover
    Free Member

tried that with snow clearing.. when I went out he’d written some expletive on the back of my car and sodded off with the money. Snow still on drive.

No offence, but that’s not really the same as my example.

I spent a bit of time with him, had a bit of a laugh, treated him like a mate.
    And as a result, he became a mate.

You treated him like an employee.
    And he did what a lot of employees do when the bosses back is turned.

elzorillo
    Free Member

What I would like to do is have a private word with his dad and educate him a little on parental responsibility… but I doubt one exists.. or at least I’d have difficulty figuring out which one of the many men I’ve seen there he actually is! (if the mother even knows).

Mooly
    Free Member

Back to my option then. Good luck.

PJM1974
    Free Member

If the lad doesn’t have a dad and a myriad of blokes heading into his mum’s boudoir then he ain’t exactly acquainted with stability and he may well be forgiven for taking stuff personally.

Seriously, he mightn’t be an angel, but you’d hate yourself if you didn’t at least try and talk to the guy as if he’s a human being.

project
    Free Member

Some posters on here obviously failed to be children, or went through puberty,and must be so afraid to actually talk to real people, that dont communicate via the medium of a keyboard.

nealglover
    Free Member

What I would like to do is have a private word with his dad and educate him a little on parental responsibility… but I doubt one exists.. or at least I’d have difficulty figuring out which one of the many men I’ve seen there he actually is! (if the mother even knows).

To be honest it sounds like you are happy enough moaning about it, and slagging off his home situation, and not that interested in possible solutions.

So I will leave you to it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Uncontrollable kids..’ is closed to new replies.