• This topic has 37 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • uncomfortable question WARNING: male anatomy content
  • SaxonRider

For months now, it has felt like I have a rash between the legs. I know about tinea cruris, and ran four courses of off-the-shelf-treatment. All visible signs of that particular problem disappeared.

Now, however, it feels different. I get more of a slight ‘burning’sensation there (with little or no visible signs of anything) on an ongoing basis.

With good personal hygiene, I am wondering if this can just be caused by the friction of riding, etc.

yossarian
    Free Member

does your penis burn after intercourse?

alfabus
    Free Member

tried a doctor?

or failing that, some minty arse lard? (although that will create an interesting mix with the burning sensation 😯 )

Dave

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i have this issue, it comes and gies.

ive found abit of moisturiser and loosing weight helps…..

if i put on weight it gets worse, if i lose it, then it goes

druidh
    Free Member

Try changing washing powder/detergent. Anything “bio” goes for me.

DezB
    Free Member

I had one of those hideous flat saddles cause me a similar thing a while back.
    Look up “jock itch” 🙂 ([edit]just noticed – same thing as Tinea cruris)
    The same stuff that treats athlete’s foot got rid of it. Stings nicely too. 😯

GrahamS

Hmmm… its a rash so I’d randomly raid my medicine box and apply canesten and/or atheletes foot cream.

I have no medical training and no idea if that would actually help or make it much worse. But I assume if you wanted proper advice you’d have gone to a doctor 😀

alfabus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9LH0nYoqrs[/video]

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

have you tried a liberal application of Deep Heat in the affected area?

Junkyard
    Free Member

What Graham S said
    he is married to a Dr so he must know best

DezB
    Free Member

Lamisil spray’s what I used. Worked really quickly. But yeah, best to get it diagnosed preoperly.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cat AIDS.

I know the cure but you have to give me your bikes (you can keep the saddles).

D0NK

yes thanks for that just googled cruris why do blokes feel the need when taking a picture of the top of their thigh to include their C&B too? Pass the mind bleach.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Ah – the dreaded doby rash?

I suffered from this when I was 16/17. I used to ride to work in jeans and underpants. Got a weeping rash and was convinced I had scrotal cancer!

samuri
    Free Member

I had this for a while. I assumed I’d caught something from the wife, one of her yeast based diseases but as it turns out it was my own body causing the problem. Mostly gone now. Bloody itchy for a long time though.

GrahamS

I assumed I’d caught something from the wife, one of her yeast based diseases

Are you suggesting that SaxonRider may have caught it from your wife?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

i had problems going from the taint to upper arse, was driving me mad for months – eventually worked out it was caused by an allergy to one of the ingredients in moist toilet wipes!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

currently suffering like hell here, the cream from the docs is doing f all so going back tomorrow. Starte din the summer with one itchy red raised lump on the top of my inner thigh and has now spread 🙁 Hurts like **** when i ride the after 10 mins or so the apin goes away!!
    Any tips to get rid?

SilentSparky
    Free Member

I get this on and off, I found that wearing some tight y-front style pants to hold everything in place whilst riding worked well. At the same time I used atheletes foot cream to clear up the rash.

Hohum
    Free Member

I had it bad as a teenager and my step Dad gave me something that the Navy doctor prescribed him and it cleared it up, but I can’t remember the name of it.

I have had it again recently and I found that Daktacort worked really well on it. It’s a hydrocortisone cream.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

i had problems going from the taint to upper arse, was driving me mad for months – eventually worked out it was caused by an allergy to one of the ingredients in moist toilet wipes!

Time for a SingleTrack survey.

Who else uses “moist toilet wipes”?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

mix some washing power with washing up liquid and smear it all over your genitals and anus

druidh
    Free Member

rightplacerighttime – Member
    Time for a SingleTrack survey.

Who else uses “moist toilet wipes”?See, I was going to steer clear of that. Next it’ll be threads on hand creams and all-in-one coffee machines!

canny1
    Free Member

Been suffering for the last 4 weeks, slowly clearing up now but boy was it itchy and stopped me riding. 1st time i’ve had it in nearly 20 years riding. At first didn’t think it could be Jock itch as pictures all show it creeping down the thighs, then last week it hit my inner thighs!
    Daktacort cream here, clears it up but all the warnings say don’t use it for more than 7 days as it thins the skin and thats the last thing i want happening to my perineum!
    So after 3rd doc visit, panicking now i’ve got a training camp in three weeks!, using hydrocortizone cream (Daktacourt/Canestan Hydrocortizone) applied sparingly to relieve the itching/inflamation etc.

Clotrimazole cream, couple of times a day, i got it on prescription but again canesten do a version with it in.

Just for good measure i’m blasting the area with Lamisil Jock itch spray once a day.

All the blurb says continue treatment for at least 2/3 weeks to kill it.
    I was basically treating for 7 days (as instructed) then riding and it was coming back, you’ve got to carry on treatment long past when you think its gone!

Cougar

I found that Daktacort worked really well on it.

I was prescribed that stuff for eczema when I was a nipper. Made my skin itch like a motherfunster; it didn’t work cos I couldn’t stop scratching.

Eventually they changed it to Synalar(?) and it sorted it out.

derek_starship
    Free Member

mix some washing power with washing up liquid and smear it all over your genitals and anus

Blimey – instructions on how to napalm your nethers 😯

user-removed
    Free Member

I put up with this for a couple of years – too embarrased to go to the doctor… Eventually, after a bit of furtive internetting, I got myself three of those one-shot Canesten pills (well, the chemist’s own brand, half price equivalent) and necked them all at once.

Cleared up in 24 hours and never returned. After TWO YEARS of pain and itchiness. Brilliant!

SaxonRider

After doing a bit of googling in light of the Daktacort suggestion, I am 99.9999% certain that what I am suffering from is ‘candidal intertrigo’.

Time to visit the pharmacist.

@user-removed

Did you go straight to a pharmacist? Or did it take a doctor’s visit first?

I_Ache
    Free Member

rightplacerighttime – Member

have you tried a liberal application of Deep Heat in the affected area?

That definitely wouldn’t be the right place!!! 😯

hora
    Free Member

Funnily, last weekend my ass was wet for 4hrs and pants rubbed in the crease next to your thigh – spots- itchy. How do you sort?!!

user-removed
    Free Member

@Saxon Rider, I had dry skin on my hips and arms, so was at the GP’s two or three times with that. Whenever I mentioned, ‘down there’ they imsisted it was the same thing, and told me to lather myself in some extra-powerful aquaeous cream type stuff (like a goose-fat moisturiser).

That always made it worse but was too scared to book an appointment especially for my nether regions, so just grinned and bore it.

The one-shot Canesten stuff shouldn’t do you any harm (IANAD) and may well sort you right out. But don’t just take one – I started on one pill and saw a slight improvement for a few days, then it came back. So I nipped out and bought another three, which I had all at the same time. Stopped it dead.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

pills from where?

user-removed
    Free Member

From any chemist – they’re usually behind the counter.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Any ropey girly encounters in your recent past?

You might have a dose of clematis. 😉

Raindog
    Free Member
    nicko74

hora – Member

Funnily, last weekend my ass was wet for 4hrs and pants rubbed in the crease next to your thigh –
    😯

hora
    Free Member

Your? 😆

OMG 😆

hora
    Free Member

Popped some canistan cream on the upper thigh and immediately it ‘flared’ in itchiness etc. Guess its hit the mark

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘uncomfortable question WARNING: male anatomy content’ is closed to new replies.