Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Uncletrackworld: how to carry toddler on bike
  • konabunny
    Free Member

I am now reluctantly ferrying a sprog of 2 years old around from time to time. Curses. What’s the best way to carry it around on the bike so that it’s safe and warm?

I have it on a Weeride at the moment, which is okay but I have the feeling it will grow too big quickly. Also, either the kid freezes because of the wind and rain in the face, or I have to wrestle the little sod in and out of a snowsuit at each end. It makes me ride like John Wayne and I prefer to out cargo on the back rack but otoh it’s nice to have the scamp up front where I can see them and not have them staring at my fat sweaty arse the whole way.

How do you carry your ankle biters? Is there a kind of one piece poncho to save all the clothes faff?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/child-bike-trailer/halfords-single-buggy-child-bike-trailer

The wee rides are quickly out grown, you’re right. I have the double version of the one above and it’s great. Kept my two dry through S.E. Asian monsoons.

WillH

Is there a kind of one piece poncho to save all the clothes faff?

I used one of these for my eldest:

We ride to daycare year round. Works a treat, great for keeping windchill to a minimum too on cold days.

ahwiles
    Free Member

As an uncle, i feel it’s my duty to expose my nephews to a level of physical risk that makes their parents wince.

“safe and warm’ = bits of wood, gaffa tape, and a hot water bottle.

oh, and helmet if we’ll be doing any jumps.

WillH

ahwiles – Member
    …and a hot water bottle.

I often used to fill a water bottle and nuke it for 90 seconds, for the boy to hold under the poncho 😀

TiRed

Rhode Gear Taxi on a Blackburn rack. Then a kiddyback tandem from about 3.5 yrs.

Search for Copilot Limo. Buy used.

ransos
    Free Member

How do you carry your ankle biters?

Burley d’lite trailer. It’s a fantastic but of kit – room for my two kids, very stable, big boot for all their gear, and it’s waterproof. I put my younger daughter (age 2) in a snowsuit for the cold snap last week and she kept toasty warm, even when there was a layer of frost on top of the trailer.

riddoch

Currently a weeride and snowsuit user but I have been eyeing up weehoo igo as a comprise between a trailer and tag along.
    Bothy bikes have them for hire but I’ve not had a chance to try one and they are a bit expensive to buy.

konabunny
    Free Member

Thanks all, looks like I’m not missing any magic bullets. I’ll try a poncho but j don’t think the kid will like it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Uncletrackworld: how to carry toddler on bike’ is closed to new replies.