Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Uncle in care home & staff 'issue' dilemma!
  • shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Is it in written in his care plan? The staff member might have read it in there – assuming they’ve read the care plan. If not then they’ve got it from somewhere. Maybe your uncle told her? Or is it common knowledge in the home? If you requested this was kept confidential you should seek an explanation from the management.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It would normally be in the care plan to which all workers have access. I would expect only the senior staff to actually look and know what one is however, I wouldn’t expect a care assistant to even know where to look or what one was but its usually there to see for all.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ah well, we’ll see what transpires. Thanks for the replies, speshly the sensible ones (TJ etc)

RustySpanner

This thread is making me very angry.

I’m a care worker.
    The ethics of the situation are very, very clear:

You do not ask, inquire or attempt to make enquiries about your clients financial situation.
    If they volunteer any information it should be treated as confidential.

Financial details should not be included in a care plan – why should they be?

It has nothing to do with the provision of care.

I write care plans, compile care assessments and have never, ever felt the need to include details of a clients financial situation.

YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ANY GIFTS FROM CLIENTS. IF YOU ARE OFFERED GIFTS YOU REPORT THIS TO THE CARE HOME MANAGER AND THE RELATIVES OF THE CLIENT.

The dignity and care of the client is paramount – nothing, nothing comes before this.

In the current climate, there are a lot of scare stories regarding care and care homes.
    Most of it is utter bollocks.
    We do the job because we care and we enjoy it.

Bad carers don’t last – it’s just not worth doing if you don’t get any
    kind of satisfaction from it.
    There are lots of easier ways to earn minimum wage.

I’d be delighted if someone followed me round with a secret camera, it might just help people to understand the necessity of confronting the reality of care provision and my job might just be valued a bit more.

Essel, if the carer in question is any good, they will thank you for reporting this matter.

hh45
    Free Member

as everyone says you must take it further to prevent others being ripped off. Go to the registered manager and if no result (unimaginable but you never know) then the owner and Care Quality Commission (CQC website is fairly good) and the local authority, even if you uncle is a self funder / private payer. LAs can be more strict than the CQC IME and will come down on the home like a ton of bricks.

RustySpanner

TandemJeremy – Member

It would normally be in the care plan to which all workers have access. I would expect only the senior staff to actually look and know what one is however, I wouldn’t expect a care assistant to even know where to look or what one was but its usually there to see for all.

TJ, sorry mate, but this is just not true.

Every single care worker I deal with is required to read and understand the care plan for their client.
    They then have to sign a form to confirm that they have understood and agree to provide the care that is required.

There is no ambiguity about this, it’s an absolute.

If anyone has a relative in care where this does not take place, move them or demand another company takes over.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Rusty its quite the norm for basic financial stuff including who controls the finances to be on the care plans – certainly in nursing homes where I work – we need to know so we know who to deal with if the person wants / needs some money spending on new clothes or sweets or haircuts or whatever.

Rusty = crossed posts – I have worked at senior level in nursing homes for many years and its quite the norm I assure you. I would never think oddly of it.

Are you local authority or residential homes? ( I know we are all “care homes” now)

teh care pans I refer to can me a couple of hundred pages – and I would never exect a care assistant to sign anything nor have I ever heard of it. I have working in dozens of care homes

project
    Free Member

Bad carers don’t last – it’s just not worth doing if you don’t get any
    kind of satisfaction from it.

But they are tolerated by poor managemnet who find them cheap to employ.

I’d be delighted if someone followed me round with a secret camera, it might just help people to understand the necessity of confronting the reality of care provision and my job might just be valued a bit more.

Nearly all carers do an excellent hard job, but a few let the side down, and as above its usualy by being tolerated by poor management, and once a home gets a bad name , good staff either resign, or dont apply for jobs, residents move to other homes, and the home is closed and sold as flats or demolition for redevelopment.

There are also relatives who put their family in a home, and then forget about them, its those forgoten residents that need protecting, and the only way to protect them and posibbly ourselves when we are old and dependant, is to question, report and always demand written responces.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

I work for a large bank, this is fraud and theft you must call the police right now, then contact the bank as soon as possible, so they can get back any money that has been stolen. Is called theft through deception. This is a very serious case pleas CALL THE POLICE RIGHT NOW!!

project
    Free Member

we all nearly agree for once.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

You will want to contact the customer fraud team , its not something a branch can take care of!!! Pleas call the police tonight!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Sounds like financial abuse to me ……alarm bells ringing and my spidy senses are going nuts!

Torminalis
    Free Member

You can grant power of attorney at any time

No one should ignore this. My mother asked me to be her power of attorney when she became single in her fifties and watched all her friends die of cancer.

Respect to her I say.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

i hope youre on the phone to the police right now, the fraud team at the bank will have dealt with the situation before and have close contacts with the police, some one could find then selves being arrested at work…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I work for a large bank, this is fraud and theft you must call the police right now, then contact the bank as soon as possible, so they can get back any money that has been stolen. Is called theft through deception. This is a very serious case pleas CALL THE POLICE RIGHT NOW!!
    Calm down, I’m not a total dipstick (I am a prison ossifer you know)
    I STILL HAVE THE CHEQUE! i wrote it out in my uncles presence but didn’t post it.
    No crime has been committed, yet.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

I assume if you have a look at his statements there will be past instances of this, and in fact yes a crime has been committed, some one has attempted to remove funds from another’s account, even if they were not successfully its still a crime. Bank will change is bank AC number, cards etc, suggest he gets rid of his check book, he has no need for it as he/ you can just use a debit card! I have seen this at work, these people get jobs in care homes for this reason!

nealglover
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

“jumpupanddown” certainly living up to his username there !

:mrgreen:

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

jumpupanddown – hold fire.

Esselgruntfuttock writes the cheques, no other money has gone, no one has attepted to remove funds.

project
    Free Member

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Its been know for cares to take old folks to bank to take their money out with them!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Personally i would still gather further information from your uncle to ensure you have the facts before acting. I am not saying this person is innocent or that you should not act, just confirm the facts before acting.
    We process a significant number of safeguardings every day and initially damning evidence does not always add up when heavily scrutinised.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Esselgruntfuttock writes the cheques, no other money has gone, no one has attepted to remove funds.

some one has pressured or persuade him to remove funds from his bank, that is a crime on its own. The crime was committed when the career asked for the money!

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

In my old job with the information provided i would have already put a freeze on the AC and called the police!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I assume if you have a look at his statements there will be past instances of this, and in fact yes a crime has been committed, some one has attempted to remove funds from another account, even if they were not successfully its still a crime.

**** me jumpupanddown, your’e either on speed or you’ve been through his statements & know something I don’t!

He’s not senile, he just can’t write his own cheques out FFS.

aracer
    Free Member

I work for a large bank

In the current climate you lost your credibility right there 😈

nealglover
    Free Member

jumpupanddown – Member
    some one has pressured or persuade him to remove funds from his bank, that is a crime on its own. The crime was committed when the career asked for the money!

And you know the Carer “asked for the money” how exactly ??

Have you even read the thread, or are you just making stuff up ?

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

In the current climate you lost your credibility right there

Yea and i now work in collections, times are **** good!!!!

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

And you know the Carer “asked for the money” how exactly ??

well wtf would he be writing a check for 2 grand if some one had not asked him to!!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Nuke the care worker from space, its the only way to be sure.

nealglover
    Free Member

Bellend.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Bellend.

you can call me what you want but with my bonus structure i dont care…..

People have ruined them selves buy buying a load of shit they didnt need, and now they cant pay..i have very little sympathy! But back to the thread, and care worker that asks for 2 grand is scum!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

jumpupand down – I suggest you read what essel posted.

well wtf would he be writing a check for 2 grand if some one had not asked him to!!

Essel wrote he check and did not send it. Essel writes all the cheques as he has power of attorney

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Essel wrote he check and did not send it. Essel writes all the cheques as he has power of attorney

You should still inform the bank, as check books can be ordered over the phone! Signature forged etc!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I know I started this thread to more or less confirm what I already knew, thanks TJ, rusty & all you others but jumpyup&downy hasn’t been paying attention & seems to have lost the plot!
    It’s now more entertaining than the telly though. 😆

EDIT, It’s not even a troll!

TJ, I admire you for your patience!

nealglover
    Free Member

Read the thread properly, then come back when you know wtf your talking about.

No wonder the banks are **** with brain donors like you working in them 🙄

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

LOL @ neal!

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

god ive seen this happen so many times, the care worker will get youre father to order a check book on the phone and then write her own checks!!! bell ends come crying to us when some one wipes out ur account but you can never work out why, its coz you know shit all bout how banking system work!!!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwQbPgouUYo[/video]

nealglover
    Free Member

god ive seen this happen so many times, the care worker will get youre father to order a check book on the phone and then write her own checks!!! bell ends come crying to us when some one wipes out ur account but you can never work out why, its coz you know shit all bout how banking system work!!!

You couldn’t make it up 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As an aside;

I started off quite calmly reading page 2.

I am now jumping up and down.

Has the SAS been called yet?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Uncle in care home & staff 'issue' dilemma!’ is closed to new replies.