Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Unbelievably inconsiderate driver – had to stop and have a word
  • Driving through Beeley towards Chatsworth today and there were a lot of cyclists – guessing some event. As I was entering the village, a car in front decides to overtake a cyclist (also another cyclist in front of him) on the double whites (not illegal I know), but also on a blind left hand crest. As the car was level a bus came round the corner, nearly taking the front end off the car, which veered to within inches of the cyclist. It then proceeded to pass them both in a less than safe manner.

I waited right through the village, then overtook when I could see clear road. The car in front didn’t even seem to be in a rush, as I soon caught it up. Over the bridge into Chatsworth and just before the cattle grid, makes another blind overtake – fortunately nothing coming. There was no urgency, just idiocy – in fact she overtook that slow, I’m amazed nothing came the other way.

Half way through Chatsworth, another overtake – this time with visibility, but quite plain to see another car coming in the opposite direction. This didn’t seem to phase them and off they went – plenty of room for the cyclist this time, not so much room for the car coming the other way.

I was thinking when I’d get chance to have a word and the muppet had obviously missed their turn and pulled into a gateway, so I pulled alongside and wound the window down. The driver was a late 50’s/early 60’s woman – I calmly told her I’d been following her for the last couple of miles and that her driving was quite frankly dangerous. I asked if she realised how close she’d come to potentially killing a cyclist and she nodded. I explained about being patient, courteous and how to pass and it seemed to sink in. I asked her if she’d have passed pedestrians like that and she said ‘no’. She admitted that her driving was not acceptable and genuinely looked ‘told’ and regretful, I wished her good day and we went our seperate ways.

So, true story bro, but at least she might think twice about being such an arse next time!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Good work squire

porter_jamie

Good effort. I do notice that some people who are obviously lost seem to lose the ability to follow normal driving convention and etiquette. Perhaps they can only concentrate on one thing at once

zippykona

Sounds like every driver I encountered in Sicily.

jimmy

She might have been scared of you pulling her up for a chat, not that it sounds like you acted at all intimidating.

Nice one tho. The

shermer75
    Free Member

Sounds like you handled that well, good work

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You hadn’t just collected a set of bombers had you, I always keep some in the boot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Unbelievably inconsiderate driver – had to stop and have a word’ is closed to new replies.