Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Unashamed Gloating of New Fatherhood!
  • JB405
    Free Member

Hi All,

I just wanted to say that I’m the happiest Man on the planet.

On Monday@1530 my Missus gave birth to our first son, Sebastian Bodhi, at home in the Birth Pool after 6hrs labour.

She was amazing, truely! She never asked for pain relief, never cursed at me and I am completely in awe of her!

Seb watched (well, listened to) the Seasons DVD inside of his first 24hrs of life, couldn’t go any longer than that with out a MTB fix. Here’s to looking forward to those father & son rides in the future!

One proud Father/Husband!

Drac

Congrats to you all and yes it’s greatest feeling in the world.

yossarian
    Free Member

congratulations to you all. My 2 are 2 and a bit and 10 months and i am still buzzing (that might be the caffeine though) : )

watly_biker
    Free Member

Congratulations ! Can confirm its a great buzz when they start to ride a bike on their own.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Awesome news mate – congratulations. I especially love the fact that the little fella was watching Seasons so soon after entering the world! We’re expecting our first towards the end of August. I’m still trying to figure out when is a reasonable time to buy them their first bike. At the moment, I’m still thinking that before the birth might be a little premature. 😕

Lucas
    Free Member

Our first is due in 2 weeks so I’m on tender hooks.

Really excited now!

Congratulations!!

JB405
    Free Member

Cheers,

I never thought having a Baby would hit me this hard, I’m just so completely chuffed!

My mates are taking bets on what his first words are going to be, funnily they are all bike related!!

My oldest riding mate, who I started riding with 18years back, told me that I had to raise him with one philosophy – If in doubt, flat out!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Congrats, currently planning on when to fertilate!!

Interesting . . . .

Japanese Buddhists celebrate December 8 th as Bodhi Day, the day young prince Siddhartha Gautama of the Shakya clan dropped all clinging and aversion, stopped seeking, transcended suffering, and awakened to his true nature and to the true nature of all being. The young prince then became known as the Buddha, or the awakened one. For 2,600 years his teachings have spread across this planet, providing tools and insights that enable human beings everywhere to transcend the cause of suffering and awaken to their true nature.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Huge congratulations! Our twins are due in around 3 or 4 weeks and I simply cannot wait!

JB405
    Free Member

Oh, the first bike choice, so much choice. I’m thinking along the lines of a likeabike, then BMX then MTB. This is all of course if he actually likes bikes.

Whathaveisaidnow – We chose his name for those very reasons, We have tried to make his arrival into the world as calm as possible from chosing a water birth at home through to having a Lotus birth as well. So far it has proven to have had quite a profound effect as many family members and friends have said that he is the clamest baby they’ve ever seen.

I just hope that I can do him justice in the manner by which we raise him.

yossarian
    Free Member

‘I just hope that I can do him justice in the manner by which we raise him.’

you will be just fine, go with your instincts and give the little fella as much love as you can.

Travis

Congrats…. we are due our first in November so, still some time away yet.

In the meantime, you want to have a look at one of these… http://www.bohdi.com.cn/Monutain__Bikes.html

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Unashamed Gloating of New Fatherhood!’ is closed to new replies.