• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by 69er.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • UN72 still available NOS?
  • woodsman
    Free Member

As per title in 73*113 'new old stock' anywhere? Google didn't produce anything btw.

clubber
    Free Member

I recently tried to find one but couldn't though Timbur on here has one (which I spotted just after I'd bought a UN54 🙄 ). Can't say that I was all that bothered though the hollow axle does make removal easier if it's stuck!

timbur
    Free Member

[cough]
    68×113 here not 73.
    [/cough]
    I neeeded a 73×113 and couldn't find a GOOD shimano one so got an Origin 8 off ebay. Time will tell on that one. Still kicking myself for ordering the wrong WI one and having to make a loss on it SH :O(

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    joolsburger
    Free Member

There is a US based ebay seller who has these pretty often.

I have a new 52 73 -110 if you're interested.

woodsman
    Free Member

You'll only do that once Timbur – what a bummer! I remember speaking to you in the Lewes Arms btw, I didn't introduce my forum name – I'll say hello next time in there. 🙂

I was thinking about a Royce, but it's not that straightforward; special tools, anti-shake and you may or may not need cups!? I just want a quality light BB!!

The Un54's work ok, last a year or there abouts, bloody heavy chunk though!

Denis99
    Free Member

I'm not 100% certain, but I think Aspire sell White Industry b/b in 73 x 113.

Might be worth a check – probably a tad expensive though.

zbonty

From memory Mountain High in Pangbourne had a couple left lurking in the workshop.
    01189841851, I think.

timbur
    Free Member

Woodsman – I've escaped the pub! Will be around Lewes still though but am a house husband at present as the Mrs is earning better than me. Up for a ride when you're in town next?
    Denis – they do but I've got to be sensible with money because I'm not working at present :O(

clubber
    Free Member

The Un54's work ok, last a year or there abouts, bloody heavy chunk though!

they're no more than an ounce or two more than the posh bbs with steel axles…

Norton
    Free Member

try Spa Cycles

oxym0r0n

UN54 has a hollow axle 8)

woodsman
    Free Member

Timbur, certainly up for a ride sometime, I rarely ride from Lewes itself as I'm normally there visiting the gf but, would like to get to know the local stuf. Quite often ride form the Uni car park at Falmer on a Thurs eve, a couple of Lewes locals regularly attend. It's quite a relaxed group with no egos, who are responsible for some of the new evolving singletrack around Stanmer. You're very welcome to join us, 7pm every Thurs, there's a faster paced group on a Tues too (just starting).

Thanks for the info everybody.

Pete aka Woodsman

gusamc
    Free Member

I have a brand new UN71 73 x 122.5 ??
    (ie from end of taper to end of taper appears to be 122.5)

mail sort of in profile if interested

woodsman
    Free Member

Don't be silly – it's 113 for a reason, that'll bugger the chainline right up.

Thanks anyway

69er
    Free Member

Check your e mail…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘UN72 still available NOS?’ is closed to new replies.