Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Un-SORN
  • Wozza
    Free Member

Looking at a car that at the mo is SORN, what do I need to do to get it back on the road legally by this Friday should I end up wanting to take it?

Cougar

A tax disc?

I don’t think it’s anything more than that, from memory. You’ll need to fill in a V-something from the post office to a apply for your “vehicle licence,” which will un-SORN it as well. I think. (So you’ll need MOT and insurance first, ofc)

wwaswas

Buy a tax disk.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just go into local post office with insurance/mot and v5 and ask the nice person behind the desk to tax your vehicle.

Wozza
    Free Member

So logistically I need to take the V5 from him this evening to do all this up my end, to drive it away Friday?

simon_g

Either:

– he goes to the PO and taxes it for you before Friday (assuming he still has it insured), or:

– you arrange insurance and get the cert posted to you. When you pick the car up, the V5 is filled in with your details and posted off, you keep the other part (new keeper supplement) and take that to the PO along with the insurance certificate, MOT if it needs one, and payment.

wwaswas

One thing – I wouldn;t try and risk it if you can’t get it organised by Friday – either get the car transported away or wait – there’s too many number plate recognition cameras around now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Un-SORN’ is closed to new replies.